RE: [slowcooker] Refried Beans

  • Betty Haniotakis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2013
      Hi Tiggerblu

      I believe that it is very important to credit the source of recipes that are contributed – that way the original submitter gets the credit he or she deserves. It also gives credibility to the recipe. Personally, I like to look at the original recipe, as I appreciate any comments on the recipe by those who have actually made it.

      Betty Haniotakis

      Here is the one that I use. It is really good. I don't know If we are
      supposed to say where we get them from,
      But I get a lot of good crocking recipes from Crockin' Girls website.

      Championship Bean Dip
      1 (16-ounce) Can refried beans
      1 Cup picante sauce
      1 Cup Monterey Jack cheese

      1 Cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
      3/4 Cup sour cream

      1 (3-ounce) Package cream cheese, softened
      1 Tablespoons chili powder

      1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin

      Tortilla chips and salsa
      Directions
      Step One
      In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and transfer to the slow cooker.
      Step Two
      Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours, or until heated through, stirring once or
      twice. Serve with tortilla chips and salsa.