Re: Hot CP, was: Question

  • Daphne
    Message 1 of 133 , Jun 19, 2013
      Right. Of course I got rid of mine from the 70s except for the pot and the lid. Just thought the mustardy color wasn't so attractive and started buying the new ones. When I found out how hot they were, I was wishing I still had the working part I had thrown out.

      Daphne

      Lance M <monarch@...> wrote:

      > I'd look at garage sales or thrift shops for the old crockpots,
      > specially the ones that look like they're from the 70's.
    • Elly De Kraker
      Message 133 of 133 , Jun 21, 2013
        So have I . Well, actually I do not have any American slowcooker, as only the UK ones are an option for me, but they certainly do not cook too fast . I tens to keep an eye on my newer smaller ones for the time being , but they do quite satisfactorily up till now.

        Cheers,
        Elly( Amsterdam)

        http://ellyinamsterdam.blogspot//com
        http://pinterest.com/nwdekraker/
        http://photobucket.com/albums/a246/ellyandyael

        Betty wrote:
        I have had a similar experience with British slow cookers. I have two Morphy
        Richards slow cookers - a 5-litre and a 3.5-litre. They have Low, Medium and
        High temps - medium is the normal cooking temp. When cooking meat, I usually
        start on High for an hour and then switch to Med. I use Low for keeping warm
        when necessary. I agree with the poster that the American slow cookers cook
        hot to avoid possible lawsuits, and am glad that I had other options

        Betty Haniotakis