Re: [slowcooker] Question

  • msclassylady717
    Message 1 of 133 , Jun 19, 2013
      I know that QVC offers it.. and they have a great package deal.. cheaper then buying it from their website and off  the infomercial... you can go to their web site and they also have a video to watch ... this is more then just a slowcooker.. you can brown in it first and then turn the knob to slowcook...and you can even bake in this as well.

      Now I do know others bought theirs I think  thru Bed, Bath & Beyond and used their coupons.. and I know other stores offer it as well.. but you don't get the full package deal at those stores, so the price is cheaper.

      I did buy the Wolfgang Puck one a few years ago.. and sadly.. NOT HAPPY with it at all... I baby my cooking stuff cause I love cooking and all my gadgets.. and the I will say.. the coating started to bubble after a few uses. ... the bubbling of the coating happened to many people.

      msclassylady717/cj in fla

      On 2013-06-18, at 9:21 PM, cj123@... wrote:

      > If I had the extra funds right now.. I'd go with that Ninja cooker that came out... a few people in one of my other groups I belong to have that cooker and are extremely happy with it... I have that on my list to buy when I have the spare cash to spend
      >
      > msclassylady717/cj in fla

    • Elly De Kraker
      Message 133 of 133 , Jun 21, 2013
        So have I . Well, actually I do not have any American slowcooker, as only the UK ones are an option for me, but they certainly do not cook too fast . I tens to keep an eye on my newer smaller ones for the time being , but they do quite satisfactorily up till now.

        Cheers,
        Elly( Amsterdam)

        http://ellyinamsterdam.blogspot//com
        http://pinterest.com/nwdekraker/
        http://photobucket.com/albums/a246/ellyandyael

        Betty wrote:
        I have had a similar experience with British slow cookers. I have two Morphy
        Richards slow cookers - a 5-litre and a 3.5-litre. They have Low, Medium and
        High temps - medium is the normal cooking temp. When cooking meat, I usually
        start on High for an hour and then switch to Med. I use Low for keeping warm
        when necessary. I agree with the poster that the American slow cookers cook
        hot to avoid possible lawsuits, and am glad that I had other options

        Betty Haniotakis