Re: Refried Beans

  • angelae30
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013
      I too use the refried bean recipe from allrecipes and love it!
      I retain the liquid after draining and use it as a soup base for tortilla soup. It's delicious.

      --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "Betty Haniotakis" <bhani@...> wrote:

      > I have made this crockpot recipe from Allrecipes several times:
      >
      > http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Refried-Beans-Without-the-Refry/Detail.aspx?event8=1
      >

      > The advantage is that it has no lard or other fat. I add the salt at the end, to taste. (Cooking beans with salt can make them tough.)
      >
      > I use these refried beans in my famous 7-layer dip.
      >
      > Betty Haniotakis

    • Betty Haniotakis
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 18, 2013
        I freeze it in small containers which hold about the amount usually in
        canned refried beans. It turns out fine and dandy!

        That looks great! Definitely going to try it.
        Do you know if it freezes well? (probably vacuum packed as well.)

        >I have made this crockpot recipe from Allrecipes several times:
        >
        >http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Refried-Beans-Without-the-Refry/Detail.aspx?ev
        ent8=1

        >The advantage is that it has no lard or other fat. I add the salt at the
        end, to taste. (Cooking beans with salt can make them tough.)

        >I use these refried beans in my famous 7-layer dip.
        >
        >From: slowcooker@yahoogroups.com <mailto:slowcooker%40yahoogroups.com>
        [mailto:slowcooker@yahoogroups.com <mailto:slowcooker%40yahoogroups.com> ]
        On