Re: looking for safe stoneware slow cooker

  • Jan Greenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2013
      You can get a lead-test kit at a hardware store for not much money.

      Jan Greenberg
      thenagain-collectibles
    • PlaidCrafter
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2013
        Today at Craftside there is a recipe for banana coconut foster http://craftside.typepad.com/craftside/2013/05/recipe-for-paleo-banana-coconut-foster-from-the-book-the-paleo-slow-cooker.html

        Stef

        Paleo Banana Coconut Foster

        Banana Foster originated in New Orleans during the 1950s. One of the reasons I love this dessert, besides how delicious it is, is my love of all things oldies. Relaxing at home, listening to Elvis and enjoying a bowl of this dessert, is my idea of bliss.

        Ingredients

        10 bananas, cut into quarters

        1/2 cup chopped walnuts

        1 cup coconut flakes

        1 tsp ground cinnamon

        1/4 cup honey

        1/2 cup coconut oil, melted

        2 tsp lemon zest

        1/4 cup lemon juice

        1 tbsp coconut rum

        1 tsp vanilla

        Coconut cream for serving

        Cooking Instructions

        › Place the bananas in the slow cooker and top with walnuts and coconut flakes.

        › Mix together remaining ingredients, except the coconut cream, and pour over the bananas.

        › Cook on low for 1 1/2-2 hours, or until bananas are tender, but not mushy.

        › Place on plates, pour coconut cream over and serve.