Re: Big Cookbook

  • Marguerite McCray
    Message 1 of 17 , May 30 2:05 PM
      I picked up the Big Cookbook on Amazon for just under $10 and spend the rest
      of the day going thru it the day it arrived (yesterday). I am already
      building my shopping list cause I am in need of some great one pot wonders
      with having taken 5 grands into my fold!

      Will definitely being doing the Chinese Chicken this weekend!

      Marguerite

    • Lesley Anne Dickerson
      Message 2 of 17 , May 30 4:08 PM
        Mine arrived today [from Amazon] but I've yet to have the chance to look through it.

        I'm excited though.

        Five grands. Yikes Marguerite.

        xox

        ==========================

        Message 3 of 17 , May 31 7:42 AM
          Marguerite,

          Which "Big Cookbook" are you referring to?

          Thanks,

          Linda

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 3, 2012
            How was the Chinese Chicken? Would be interested in hearing about recipes
            tried in this big book! I also have this book, just got it and haven't tried
            anything yet just trying to decide what I want to try first!

            Judy

            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 3, 2012
              Be sure to post the ones you like!
              (with proper attribution of course)

              >Mine arrived today [from Amazon] but I've yet to have the chance to look through it.
              >
              >I'm excited though.
              >
              >Five grands. Yikes Marguerite.
              >
              >==========================

              =====
            • Artemis Lage
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 4, 2012
                What is the title of this cookbook, please?

                Moderator's notes: The Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook

                http://www.amazon.com/Fix-It-And-Forget-It-Big-Cookbook/dp/156148640X
              • Carol Passno
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 4, 2012
                  yummmmm How was the Chinese Chicken?

                • Carol Passno
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 4, 2012
                    Okay I couldn't take it anymore...I ordered the book!

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 4, 2012
                      The Fix it and Forget it Big Cookbook! I am thawing some chicken breasts to
                      do the Chicken Divan today!

                      Marguerite

                    • Marguerite McCray
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 4, 2012
                        LOL....Yes Lesley! FIVE...5!!!! and FOUR of them are girls and me who
                        raised all boys!!!! It helps that I have them in daycare full time! I
                        can't wait for them to get big enough to cook all the meals! But they will
                        be back at their dads as soon as he finishes school, so light at the end of
                        the tunnel, but will still be doing lots of care giving and teaching....

                        They will be experts at using the slowcooker, you better believe!

                        Marguerite

                      • Marguerite McCray
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 6, 2012
                          Carol, haven't done the Chinese Chicken yet....hope to get to that one this
                          weekend. Needed some ingredients and with three graduations, didn't get to
                          it. We have an international market here that is to die for, called
                          LeeLee's. It is owned by Vietnamese, but they have huge aisles in which
                          just about every ingredient for any exotic dish can be found and since I
                          have a minute or two today..and hubby has been working from home for the
                          last three days, making me have homicidal thoughts, I will be going to pick
                          up my items and enjoy a quiet moment, lol!

                          But..I did do the Chicken Divan and the Bread Pudding! All of which were
                          hits, even for my 16 yr old! If he likes it, then it becomes part of the
                          repertoire!

                          Marguerite