Re: Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala

  • PatNPaws
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 24, 2012
      Thanks for your answer to my sour cream question, Charlotte----cream cheese
      sounds like a good idea. -Pat_n_Paws

    • Brandi
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
        I made this last night. Used frozen chicken breasts because it cooked, on low, from 7:45 AM - 5:30 PM (9+ hours). Found out after everything was in the crock that I was completely out of onions and garlic (how does that happen???) so I used onion flakes and garlic powder. Also, didn't want to use heavy cream so I used light sour cream.

        Chicken shredded on it's own when I tried to take it out to mix the sour cream into the sauce. It was DELICIOUS! Whole family, except the picky 10-year-old, loved it. My 6-year-old even had seconds. Served over brown rice. Didn't feel the cucumber "relish" added anything so probably wouldn't make that again. The lemon juice and cilantro was nice in the dish though as a final mix-in.

        Will definitely make this again! Thanks!

        Brandi