Re: [slowcooker] Crock pot feet

  • Charlotte
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
      No - what about several of those felt (or plastic) pads (that go on the bottom of char legs to help them slide easier). Stack them to the appropriate height.

      Charlotte
      from my iPhone

      On Sep 6, 2011, at 9:54 AM, "tama95823" wrote:

      > Does anyone know where I can get replacements?
    • Larry Woodbury
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
        Heat may be a concern with them, a hardware store may be able to come up
        with a universal fix, how do they attach?

        No - what about several of those felt (or plastic) pads (that go on the
        bottom of char legs to help them slide easier). Stack them to the
        appropriate height.

        Charlotte
        from my iPhone

        On Sep 6, 2011, at 9:54 AM, "tama95823" wrote:

        > Does anyone know where I can get replacements?

        ?

      • Skip Taylor
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
          The manufacturer may be the first place to look. If that doesn't work or is
          unknown, try a Google search for something like "screw on plastic feet" or
          "rubber grommet feet".

          On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:54 AM, tama95823 <tama95823@...> wrote:

          > I love my crock pot! It was a wedding gift over 30 years ago. I pulled it
          > out on Sunday to use it and one of the feet fell off. As I checked to see
          > what was going on the other feet don't look like they are going to last very
          > much longer either. Does anyone know where I can get replacements?
          >
          > Tama Clark
          > in Elk Grove, CA

        • Sally Morgan
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
            Look for the brand and then go on line to the brand and look for the part.
            I have done this with pressure cooker parts and the pots were old too. I
            love those too if you live so long you got alot of pots and each is worth
            using for those days you need them.

            --
            Sally
            WWW. Silversally.com

          • Myron Menaker
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
              Dear Tama,

              The same thing happened to my favorite pot. One day I went to get it and
              one of the rubber feet was gone! I found some rubber grommets at the
              hardware and they fit in the openings perfectly! I replaced all four feet!

              Good luck!

              Myron

              --

              .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:.
              Myron Menaker Daytona Beach FL USA
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 7, 2011
                I then put the pot on top of a glass cutting board, just in case!

                I have never had a problem, but when I redid my countertop, I wanted to make
                sure that I wouldn't have a problem, either!

                My cutting board has felt pads on the bottom corners, to keep it up a bit
                from the countertop - for air circulations - and to help move it.

                Jan in hot SoCal

                _____

                Cc: tama95823
                Subject: Re: [slowcooker] Crock pot feet