Re: [slowcooker] Re: Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin TNT

  • dmd831
    Message 1 of 15 , May 31, 2011
      I second that... I ordered beef stir fry in a restaurant yesterday and
      forgot to ask if they use Kiikkomans soy sauce.. I could smell it before she
      put it down on the table .. My fault for not asking .. ruined my whole
      dinner ..

      > Personally I can't stand Kiikkomans soy sauce. Most of the restaurants
      > around here use it also, so I carry some of the take out packets of soy
      > sauce
      > in my purse to use. Sandee
      >

      > In a message dated 5/28/2011 7:57:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      > mntnrain80c@... writes:
      >

      > --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "deb62862" <dflack628@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I always buy Kiikkoman brand sauces. Never had a problem with any of
      > them. I also always buy low sodium if its available.
      >>
      >> > This sounds very good. I have some teriyaki sauce I should get rid of
      >
      >> > because I don't like its flavor. Does anyone have preferred brands
      > they use?
      >> > And what is there about those brands that you particularly like?
      >> > Thanks, Pam
      >>

      > I always buy/use kiikkoman sauces. My daughter spent a yr in Japan and
      > she
      > said they're the brand almost all of the restaurants use since the soy
      > sauce is actually "brewed" like it's supposed to be. whereas lachoy is
      > mostly
      > salt, has a horrible flavor/aftertaste and isn't brewed IMO
      > If you don't like the flavor of the teriyaki sauce don't use it. If you
      > put it on/in food it's not gonna taste any better and will ruin the dish
      > for
      > you.
      > Have a great weekend
      > Jen

    • cookingcrafter
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 1, 2011
        Thank you for the information. I will pas it on to the person that is cooking for me.

        Hugs & Kisses,
        Trish

      • SandeeBoo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 1, 2011
          If I forget to take my own packets, then i will ask them for some of their
          take out packets, because I have found they aren't Kiikkomans, at least in
          my area they aren't. Sandee

          In a message dated 5/31/2011 10:32:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
          dmd831@... writes:

          I second that... I ordered beef stir fry in a restaurant yesterday and
          forgot to ask if they use Kiikkomans soy sauce.. I could smell it before
          she
          put it down on the table .. My fault for not asking .. ruined my whole
          dinner ..

          > Personally I can't stand Kiikkomans soy sauce. Most of the restaurants
          > around here use it also, so I carry some of the take out packets of soy
          > sauce
          > in my purse to use. Sandee
          >

          > In a message dated 5/28/2011 7:57:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
          > mntnrain80c@... writes:
          >

          > --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "deb62862" <dflack628@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I always buy Kiikkoman brand sauces. Never had a problem with any of
          > them. I also always buy low sodium if its available.
          >>
          >> > This sounds very good. I have some teriyaki sauce I should get rid
          of

          >> > because I don't like its flavor. Does anyone have preferred brands
          > they use?
          >> > And what is there about those brands that you particularly like?
          >> > Thanks, Pam
          >>

          > I always buy/use kiikkoman sauces. My daughter spent a yr in Japan and
          > she
          > said they're the brand almost all of the restaurants use since the soy
          > sauce is actually "brewed" like it's supposed to be. whereas lachoy is
          > mostly
          > salt, has a horrible flavor/aftertaste and isn't brewed IMO
          > If you don't like the flavor of the teriyaki sauce don't use it. If you
          > put it on/in food it's not gonna taste any better and will ruin the dish
          > for
          > you.
          > Have a great weekend
          > Jen

        • searchandrescuebarbie
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2011
            Hi,
            Yes. It only has two ingredients: purified water and soy protein.

            Barb