Re: [slowcooker] Re: Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin TNT

  • SandeeBoo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , May 28, 2011
      Personally I can't stand Kiikkomans soy sauce. Most of the restaurants
      around here use it also, so I carry some of the take out packets of soy sauce
      in my purse to use. Sandee

      In a message dated 5/28/2011 7:57:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      mntnrain80c@... writes:

      --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "deb62862" <dflack628@...> wrote:

      > I always buy Kiikkoman brand sauces. Never had a problem with any of
      them. I also always buy low sodium if its available.

      > > This sounds very good. I have some teriyaki sauce I should get rid of

      > > because I don't like its flavor. Does anyone have preferred brands
      they use?
      > > And what is there about those brands that you particularly like?
      > > Thanks, Pam

      I always buy/use kiikkoman sauces. My daughter spent a yr in Japan and she
      said they're the brand almost all of the restaurants use since the soy
      sauce is actually "brewed" like it's supposed to be. whereas lachoy is mostly
      salt, has a horrible flavor/aftertaste and isn't brewed IMO
      If you don't like the flavor of the teriyaki sauce don't use it. If you
      put it on/in food it's not gonna taste any better and will ruin the dish for
      you.
      Have a great weekend
      Jen

    • searchandrescuebarbie
      Message 2 of 15 , May 30, 2011
        My favorite soy sauce is called Bragg Liquid Aminos. It tastes exactly like soy sauce and is made from soy protein, but is gluten free, unlike soy sauce. It is only 160 mg of sodium per 1/2 t and makes for a better choice for those like me who are salt sensitive. You can find it in health food sections of the grocery store. We really love it.

        Barb
      • cookingcrafter
        Message 3 of 15 , May 31, 2011
          I see that your choice of soy sauce is gluten free but is it also wheat free? We are looking for one that is also wheat free for a teriyaki sauce. Having an anniversary party on the 11th of June & a guest is very allergic to not only gluten but wheat.

          Hugs & Kisses,
          Trish

          --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "searchandrescuebarbie" <kellys4@...> wrote:

          > My favorite soy sauce is called Bragg Liquid Aminos. It tastes exactly like soy sauce and is made from soy protein, but is gluten free, unlike soy sauce. It is only 160 mg of sodium per 1/2 t and makes for a better choice for those like me who are salt sensitive. You can find it in health food sections of the grocery store. We really love it.
          >
          > Barb

        • cyndie hunt
          Message 4 of 15 , May 31, 2011
            I'm not sure if the Bragg's is wheat free..but San-J makes a gluten free/wheat free soy sauce..
            http://www.san-j.com/faq.asp

            > is gluten free but is it also wheat free?  We are
            > looking for one that is also wheat free for a teriyaki
            > sauce.  Having an anniversary party on the 11th of June
            > & a guest is very allergic to not only gluten but
            > wheat.
            >
            > Hugs & Kisses,
            > Trish
            >
            > --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com,
            > "searchandrescuebarbie" <kellys4@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > My favorite soy sauce is called Bragg Liquid
            > Aminos.  It tastes exactly like soy sauce and is made
            > from soy protein, but is gluten free, unlike soy
            > sauce.  It is only 160 mg of sodium per 1/2 t and makes
            > for a better choice for those like me who are salt
            > sensitive.  You can find it in health food sections of
            > the grocery store.  We really love it.
            > >
            > > Barb

            >     slowcooker-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          • dmd831
            Message 5 of 15 , May 31, 2011
              I second that... I ordered beef stir fry in a restaurant yesterday and
              forgot to ask if they use Kiikkomans soy sauce.. I could smell it before she
              put it down on the table .. My fault for not asking .. ruined my whole
              dinner ..

              > Personally I can't stand Kiikkomans soy sauce. Most of the restaurants
              > around here use it also, so I carry some of the take out packets of soy
              > sauce
              > in my purse to use. Sandee
              >

              > In a message dated 5/28/2011 7:57:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              > mntnrain80c@... writes:
              >

              > --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "deb62862" <dflack628@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I always buy Kiikkoman brand sauces. Never had a problem with any of
              > them. I also always buy low sodium if its available.
              >>
              >> > This sounds very good. I have some teriyaki sauce I should get rid of
              >
              >> > because I don't like its flavor. Does anyone have preferred brands
              > they use?
              >> > And what is there about those brands that you particularly like?
              >> > Thanks, Pam
              >>

              > I always buy/use kiikkoman sauces. My daughter spent a yr in Japan and
              > she
              > said they're the brand almost all of the restaurants use since the soy
              > sauce is actually "brewed" like it's supposed to be. whereas lachoy is
              > mostly
              > salt, has a horrible flavor/aftertaste and isn't brewed IMO
              > If you don't like the flavor of the teriyaki sauce don't use it. If you
              > put it on/in food it's not gonna taste any better and will ruin the dish
              > for
              > you.
              > Have a great weekend
              > Jen

            • cookingcrafter
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 1, 2011
                Thank you for the information. I will pas it on to the person that is cooking for me.

                Hugs & Kisses,
                Trish

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 1, 2011
                  If I forget to take my own packets, then i will ask them for some of their
                  take out packets, because I have found they aren't Kiikkomans, at least in
                  my area they aren't. Sandee

                  In a message dated 5/31/2011 10:32:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                  dmd831@... writes:

                  I second that... I ordered beef stir fry in a restaurant yesterday and
                  forgot to ask if they use Kiikkomans soy sauce.. I could smell it before
                  she
                  put it down on the table .. My fault for not asking .. ruined my whole
                  dinner ..

                  > Personally I can't stand Kiikkomans soy sauce. Most of the restaurants
                  > around here use it also, so I carry some of the take out packets of soy
                  > sauce
                  > in my purse to use. Sandee
                  >

                  > In a message dated 5/28/2011 7:57:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                  > mntnrain80c@... writes:
                  >

                  > --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "deb62862" <dflack628@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> I always buy Kiikkoman brand sauces. Never had a problem with any of
                  > them. I also always buy low sodium if its available.
                  >>
                  >> > This sounds very good. I have some teriyaki sauce I should get rid
                  of

                  >> > because I don't like its flavor. Does anyone have preferred brands
                  > they use?
                  >> > And what is there about those brands that you particularly like?
                  >> > Thanks, Pam
                  >>

                  > I always buy/use kiikkoman sauces. My daughter spent a yr in Japan and
                  > she
                  > said they're the brand almost all of the restaurants use since the soy
                  > sauce is actually "brewed" like it's supposed to be. whereas lachoy is
                  > mostly
                  > salt, has a horrible flavor/aftertaste and isn't brewed IMO
                  > If you don't like the flavor of the teriyaki sauce don't use it. If you
                  > put it on/in food it's not gonna taste any better and will ruin the dish
                  > for
                  > you.
                  > Have a great weekend
                  > Jen

                • searchandrescuebarbie
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 2, 2011
                    Hi,
                    Yes. It only has two ingredients: purified water and soy protein.

                    Barb