Re: [slowcooker] caramel

  • Elita p
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2011
      thanks to all responses - I am not known for my patience,
      so I went ahead and put an opened can of the FF sweetened condensed milk in
      my small pot and added water up to within 1/2 inch of the top
      (the top was opened, but not off)
      put the slowcooker on high and watched it every 30 minutes or so
      after the first hour.
      Like you said, Charlotte, I didn't want to serve it to guests if it
      tasted like crap. I have a back up can of the regular.
      well,I gotta tell you - it doesn't taste like crap.
      I think I cooked it about four hours, tested it - yum, but a little
      lumpy. I let it cool and stirred it til smooth and put it in a container
      in the fridge until Monday.
      I can't tell that it is FF.
      (not calorie free, but fat free)

      Message 2 of 6 , May 29, 2011
        LOL! Good to know the FF sweetened condensed milk works as well as the reg version.

        Charlotte
        from my iPhone