[slowcooker] Re: oval crockpot

  • Dday944@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
      Hi! Just wanted to add my 2 cents' worth regarding the 5 qt. oval crockpot
      with the removable crock. I bought mine at WalMart for $25, and it is worth
      every penny!! I make a 2 1/2 to 3 lb. meatloaf in it, and can cook a large
      roast in it too....it is great! I find myself using just the crock as well
      when I make baked macaroni and cheese. Buy yourself the gift of this
      crockpot, and consider it money well spent! I kept my
      3 1/2 qt. crockpot as well, and often use both at the same time. It is so
      nice to have a full meal cooked in a cool kitchen!! Have a great day!!
      Diane in SC
    • Steph M MN
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 1999
        Ok, now I have to ask!! Do you put your meatloaf into a loaf pan and then
        place it in the crock pot? If so, do you need to add any water to the
        bottom so the crock doesn't crack (or will it?).

        Thanks,
        Stephanie...owner of a 3 1/2 qt. Rival from a garage sale

        On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 23:54:40 EDT Dday944@... writes:
        > Hi! Just wanted to add my 2 cents' worth regarding the 5 qt. oval
        > crockpot
        > with the removable crock. I bought mine at WalMart for $25, and it
        > is worth
        > every penny!! I make a 2 1/2 to 3 lb. meatloaf in it, and can cook a
        > large
        > roast in it too....it is great! I find myself using just the crock
        > as well
        > when I make baked macaroni and cheese. Buy yourself the gift of this
        >
        > crockpot, and consider it money well spent! I kept my
        > 3 1/2 qt. crockpot as well, and often use both at the same time. It
        > is so
        > nice to have a full meal cooked in a cool kitchen!! Have a great
        > day!!
        > Diane in SC

      • Dick Lisk
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 1999
          I spray the crockpot with Pam, then put 4 or 5 layers of sliced potatoes in
          the bottom, then pat the meatloaf into around shape and place it on top of
          the potatoes. No, I don't add anything. We love it this way, and for some
          reason, the potatoes disappear faster than then meatloaf!! (They flavor
          through with the juices of the meatloaf and are delicious).
          Dick