Re: RECIPE: Mexican Adobo Seasoning Mix

  • Ro
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2010
      Well, I am holding Goya Adobo with pepper ("con pimienta") in my hand, and I do not see any MSG.

      Maybe they changed the recipe. I have been using this for many years., and I would not have bought it or recommended it if it contained MSG.

      At the Goya web site, they list the ingredients for Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning With Pepper as: salt, tricalcium phosphate, granulated garlic, black pepper, oregano, turmeric.

      Tricalcium phosphate is a combination of calcium and phosphate compounds. Both compounds are regularly found in nature and are essential for proper human bodily function. Tricalcium phosphate can be found in food, toothpaste, porcelain, antacids, and fertilizers. Calcium supplements prescribed to treat calcium deficiency also contain tricalcium phosphate. This mineral is generally considered to be safe to use

      It might be cost effective to make it ourselves and remove any doubt.

      Ro
      A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself

      Chupa wrote:

      I used to buy the Goya adobo seasoning mixes for Filipino, Cuban, or Caribbean recipes. One day I read the label, and there was the dreaded MSG.