[slowcooker] Tangy 'N' Tender Ribs

  • kremser4@csrlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 1999
      I received a complimentary issue of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking
      magazine a few days ago. There was a 2 page spread of recipes using a
      slow cooker. There were 7 recipes. This rib recipe is the first 1 I
      decided to try. It was a hit (especially with my husband who was glad
      not to fire up the grill on a 90 degree day).

      3/4 to 1 c. vinegar
      1/2 c. ketchup
      2 T. sugar
      2 T. Worcestershire sauce
      1 garlic clove, minced
      1 tsp. ground mustard
      1 tsp.paprika
      1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
      1/8 tsp. pepper
      2 lbs. pork spareribs
      1 T. vegetable oil

      Combine the first nine ingredients in a slow cooker. Cut ribs into
      serving-size pieces; brown in a skillet in oil. Transfer to slow
      cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 - 6 hours or until tender. (Mine
      cooked 8 hours and fell off the bone, but were very tender. This
      recipe is from Denise Hathaway Valasek of Perysburg, Ohio. As I try
      the other recipes, I'll let you know about them.)