Meatball Sandwiches

  • Laura Lea
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2010
      Meatball Sandwiches

      Ingredients:

      1 large egg
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs or dried oregano
      1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, optional
      1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
      1/4 cup finely chopped onion
      2 pounds lean ground beef
      1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
      1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
      1 large can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
      2 tablespoons red wine
      6 to 8 sandwich rolls, split and warmed
      mozzarella cheese
      Cooking Instructions:
      In mixing bowl, beat egg with salt, Italian herbs, ground red pepper and garlic powder. Add chopped onion, lean ground beef, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Shape the beef mixture into 1-inch balls; brown in a large nonstick skillet, turning frequently. Drain meatballs and transfer to a 5- to 6-quart crockpot. Combine tomato sauce and red wine; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours. To serve, place 3 to 4 meatballs in a split roll then top with some sauce from the crockpot. If desired, top with sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese and heat under the broiler just until cheese is melted.

      God gives us hurdles to try to get over, but also gives us great blessings!!! We just gotta realize  them when they arrive and thank him for them,cause we learn from both !!!!

      Laura Lea