Re: [slowcooker] Crockpot Mexican Corn Chowder

  • Richard Lee Holbert
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2010
      I use just regular small potatoes

      Deb Stevenson wrote:
      > When you say "small potatoes", do you mean the fingerlings, or just regular, small white potatoes?
    • Deb Stevenson
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2010
        This was really good soup!!! I added a little leftover chicken and some chipotle seasoning, too! Maybe bacon next time?

        Debi

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2010
          Debi,

          I make a similar recipe, but use the frozen corn instead of canned - makes a world of difference. Try it, you might like it too.

          Kathy

          To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 08:10:42 -0800
          Subject: Re: [slowcooker] Crockpot Mexican Corn Chowder

          This was really good soup!!! I added a little leftover chicken and some chipotle seasoning, too! Maybe bacon next time?

          Debi

          ________________________________

          1 can (12 oz.) whole kernel corn-do not drain

          2 tbsp. chicken bouillon powder

          1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies

          1 tbsp + margarine

          1 lg. onion (brown), diced fine

          1 green pepper, diced fine

          Seasonings *

          2 c. medium Cheddar cheese, shredded

          1 1/2 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

          Cover potatoes with water and boil gently, uncovered until you can

          pierce them easily with a fork.

          Add saut�ed onion and green pepper.