Re: Lora Brody Slow Cooker Carmelized Onions Insert

  • recetta
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 9, 2009
      Jacquita-
      Its the ceramic pot/bowl that fits in the metal base. Thats the 'insert'
      Hope this helps.
      Chupa

      "Jacquita" <jacq@...> wrote: Is the insert the crock part of the cooker that sits in the base that you cook all your foods in? Or is this a separate insert that sits in the crock?
    • PETFINDSCP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 10, 2009
        that sounds like a great idea, think i will try that. thank you!
        sue

        In a message dated 12/10/2009 12:03:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        recetta@... writes:

        Sue - I freeze them in ice cube trays. One icecube is about 2 T. So 2 cubes
        (4 T.) give me a 1/4 cup measure. They're great as a base for stock or
        soup too.

        Hope that helps,
        Chupa

        PETFINDSCP@.PETFINDSCP@.<WBR>.. wrote:could you freeze these to use later?
        they s
        > sue

      • Lance M
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 16, 2010
          Has anyone tried the Alton Brown Good Eats recipe of this?