[slowcooker] Flank Steak in Mushroom wine Sauce

  • Queenvic99@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 1999
      Had this tonight and it was really good, nothing left over! I cooked it a
      little longer than the recipe said as my husband was late getting home, no
      problems.

      Flank Steak in Mushroom Wine Sauce
      4-6 servings

      Beef Flank Steak (around 1 to 1 1/2 lbs.)
      1/4 cup Sauterne Wine ( I used Carlo rossi chablis)
      1 tablespoon soy sauce
      1 clove garlic, minced
      1 10 1/2 oz condensed beef broth
      1 tablespoon ketchup or tomato paste
      1 tablespoon prepared mustard
      1 small onion, finely chopped
      3 tablespoons cornstarch
      1/4 cup of water
      1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms

      Place steak in crock. In a small bowl, combine wine, soy sauce,garlic, broth,
      ketchup, mustard and onion; pour mixture over steak. Cover and cook on low
      for 6 to 7 hours. Turn control to high. Dissolve cornstarch in water in a
      small bowl; stir into sauce in the crock. Add mushrooms Cove and cook on high
      for 20 to 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Slice meat in thin strips.

      This is from the Mable Hoffman's Crockery Cookery.

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/slowcooker