File - Slowcooker List Guidelines

  • slowcooker@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 145 , Nov 1, 2009
      Greetings! I wanted to take a few minutes of your time to tell you about the slowcooker list's guidelines, to help you enjoy your subscription more. Please read this document carefully at least once, as it will help you ensure your posts are not rejected.

      First, this list is for discussion of cooking with slowcookers (i.e., crock pots). Posting of recipes, hints, questions, and general discussion of cooking with a slowcooker are all welcome. Off-topic posts of any sort are not welcome and will be rejected - not because we are mean people, but because we have over 6000 members who subscribed because they are interested in slowcookers not the latest virus announcment.

      We only have a few major guidelines on the slowcooker listserve -- 6 to be exact.

      1. When you post a recipe, please let us know if you've tried it before. If you have, give us some comments if possible. If you haven't tried it before, that's fine also, just let us know.

      2. Out of respect for subscribers who have small e-mails boxes and/or only check their mail every few days, please limit your posts to 5 per day, and send only a few recipes per post.

      3. This list is not just for recipes. We welcome discussion about equipment, recipe modifications, hints, ideas, and anything else related to crockpots. If you are looking for a recipe-only list, without discussion, you may not be happy with this listserve.

      4. Now that you're a member, you can access the wealth of recipes that have already been posted to the list. ***Just visit http://groups.yahoo.com/messages/slowcooker and you can peruse all the posts made so far to the list, including many delicious recipes. You can also visit our monthly recipe contest winners at: http://malincholia.com/slowcookerwinners.htm These are the 'cream of the crop,' as voted upon by our subscribers.***

      5. Related to the fourth guideline, we ask that if you would like a recipe that has previously been posted on the list, first check the archives. If you can't find it in the archives, then feel free to send a message to the list asking for a recipe repost, but make sure you mention that you checked the archives and couldn't find it. If you do not include the last part, your message will be rejected.

      6. Due to virus concerns, no attachments are permitted.

      To post to the list, just send a message to slowcooker@yahoogroups.com

      To switch to the digest version, send an empty message to slowcooker-digest@yahoogroups.com

      IMPORTANT: If you decide you love the list and want to recommend it to others, have them send an e-mail to slowcooker-subscribe@yahoogroups.com If they send it to the regular list address (slowcooker@yahoogroups.com) they will NOT be subscribed. Thanks for remembering this little hint.

      Again, welcome and enjoy! --Maria Rost Rublee, slowcooker list owner
    • slowcooker@yahoogroups.com