Re: triple crockpot - COOKING BAGS

  • msclassylady717
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
      They sell cooking bags for the crockpot.... you can find them with with your foils and plastic wraps and baggie section of your stores... normally 3 come in a box,,, I got mine at walmarts.

      The cooking bags that you poke holes in are made for the oven.

      msclassylady717/cj in fla

      --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, Myron Menaker <myronm@...> wrote:

      > Dear Maureen,
      >
      > Those are plastic bags which you place in the pot and crock with. They
      > aid in cleanup and also will keep several dishes separate. Some drape
      > over the edge of your pot....others require closing with a Twistee. Poke
      > small holes in them to allow the steam to escape! You can see several
      > different types in Google Shopping:
      > *http://tinyurl.com/ycw8co7*
      >
      > Happy crocking,
    • cyndie hunt
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
        Oh what a keeper he is!! Let us know how you like it...it just looks so nice.

        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 2 4:39 AM
          I just bought a triple crock for our church dinners and it is really nice!
          We made three veggies at once and they were all different! Got it at Kohl's
          on sale and with a 30% coupon so. it was very reasonable.

          Gail

        • mary_a91
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 2 8:19 AM
            Hey, I've never thought of using the liners to cook different things at once....great idea! For those things that require different cooking times, it may be a challenge if you are gone all day but I cook most things on low for most of the day anyway. Thanks!

            > As long as all the foods required the same temp. Cooking times wouldn't matter since the bags could be added at intervals.

            > To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.com
            > From: myronm@...
            > Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:12:41 -0400
            > Subject: Re: [slowcooker] Re: triple crockpot
            >

            > Or...you could do that now in your old pot using 2 or 3 cooking bags!
            >
            > Crockin' by the sea,
            >
            > Myron

          • cyndie hunt
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 2 12:06 PM
              I'll have to check that out. I really liked it, but can't justify the price at Costco's. I think it would be good for hot/warm appetizers for a work or home gathering. Maybe meatballs in one, a questo or other dips in the others..

              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 3 7:23 AM
                would be good for a dessert station as well..... you could have milk cho., dark, and white.... cut up cakes, fruit, pretzles, potato chips.. even have ice creams out, dip frozen cheese cakes, cube up pound cakes, etc.

                or even fondues, hot spinach dips, etc.

                msclassylady717/cj in fla