RE: [slowcooker] BBQ Pulled Venison

  • Kay Seiler
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2009
      Speaking of shredding, I can't remember if I posted this before, but I read a tip to use an electric mixer to shred cooked meat, instead of the usual two-fork method. I tried it on chicken, and it worked great and was done in seconds even though it was a full crock of breast meat.

      Kay

      To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.com
      From: siharmon@...
      Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:33:35 -0400
      Subject: Re: [slowcooker] BBQ Pulled Venison

      Just be sure you keep it moist. No fat, so it tends to get drier in the
      pot. Shredding it sounds like it might be good. I have just about quit using
      it in the crock as I think it is better if it isn't well done

      Let us know how it works.

      In a message dated 4/29/2009 10:28:46 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      triketreker@... writes:

      I'm going to try something new and thought I'd see what you folks thought
      of my plan. Any feedback &/or suggestions are welcome!

      I thought I would start by cooking a venison roast (seasoning suggestions?
      I usually do the 3 envelope) Then I would shred the meat and put back in
      pot with a bottle of BBQ sauce. Then cook on low for a few hours.

      Does anyone see a problem with this plan? I'm using venison because it is
      free & I have lots!! This meat is not gamey at all. If anything it's a
      bit bland.

      TIA,

      Sherri

      in rainy Indiana