Re: [slowcooker] Advice about using a timer

  • Michael Purcell
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5 3:07 PM
      Chris,

      I have a non-programmable crockpot. I eventually found one of these...

      http://www.amazon.com/Rival-327298-SP100-Smart-Part-Module/dp/B00006IUYQ

      on eBay. It's a timer that let's you cook for certain times on high or low
      and then switches to warm. I generally work up to 12 hours at a time. I
      can set it for 10 hours on low and then it switches to warm until I get
      home.

      I don't think they sell them new anymore ... I had to watch eBay and Amazon
      for a while until I could buy one.

      Mike

      On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:35 AM, piggles_rule <mollymohawk@...>wrote:

      > Hi, I work some graveyard shifts, and like to put in a meal before going
      > to bed, but some recipes take less time, and I really dont like getting up
      > to turn off the crockpot. I bought a Lamp Timer to turn it off
      > automatically. Anyone have any advice before I try it this weekend.
      >
      > Thanks, Much Appreciated. Chris

    • Lance M
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5 6:16 PM
        Does anyone here use this?
        It sounds useful. But I remember when they came out, and if they didn't
        sell well they might not be much good.

        >Chris,
        >
        >I have a non-programmable crockpot. I eventually found one of these...
        >
        >http://www.amazon.com/Rival-327298-SP100-Smart-Part-Module/dp/B00006IUYQ
        >
        >on eBay. It's a timer that let's you cook for certain times on high or low
        >and then switches to warm. I generally work up to 12 hours at a time. I
        >can set it for 10 hours on low and then it switches to warm until I get
        >home.
        >
        >I don't think they sell them new anymore ... I had to watch eBay and Amazon
        >for a while until I could buy one.
        >
        >Mike
        >
        >On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:35 AM, piggles_rule <mollymohawk@...>wrote:
        >
        >> Hi, I work some graveyard shifts, and like to put in a meal before going
        >> to bed, but some recipes take less time, and I really dont like getting up
        >> to turn off the crockpot. I bought a Lamp Timer to turn it off
        >> automatically. Anyone have any advice before I try it this weekend.
        >>
        >> Thanks, Much Appreciated. Chris

        >Copyright, 2006, Maria Rost Rublee.

      • R. Renee S.
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5 9:01 PM
          I sure hope they work and are good because I just bought one.  =)  I'll let you know how it works once I use it.

          Live simply. Love generously.
          Care deeply. Speak kindly.
          Leave the rest to God.