RE: [slowcooker] Question

  • Kay Seiler
    Message 1 of 133 , Feb 1, 2009
      I didn't think about searching like that...I guess I automatically think of all the experienced cooks on here. But I did consider your second suggestion...just adding it at reheating/eating time.

      Thanks for the response!

      Kay

      *Earth�s crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God: But only he who sees, takes off his shoes, The rest sit round it, and pluck blackberries�

      To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.comFrom: AnneandMaury@...: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:10:32 -0500Subject: Re: [slowcooker] Question

      If you will go to _www.ask.com_ (http://www.ask.com) and type in the question, "can you freeze cream cheese" and you will get lots of answers. Basically, not really. Could you possibly add the cream cheese after you've reheated it?Good luck with your surgery.anneIn a message dated 1/31/2009 2:59:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, nutsybunch@... writes:I'll be having rotator cuff surgery soon, with a post-op period of limited activity. I'd like to cook and freeze ahead, since my husband died recently, and I only have my 13-year-old daughter to help me. I tried the chicken/black beans/corn with cream cheese recipe earlier this week, and we LOVED it. I've never frozen anything with cream cheese in it, and I'm wondering if anyone has, or if anyone knows if it thaws OK without separating or doing something yucky?Thanks!Kay**************From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in between, stay up-to-date with the latest news. (http://aol.com?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000023)[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • Elly De Kraker
      Message 133 of 133 , Jun 21, 2013
        So have I . Well, actually I do not have any American slowcooker, as only the UK ones are an option for me, but they certainly do not cook too fast . I tens to keep an eye on my newer smaller ones for the time being , but they do quite satisfactorily up till now.

        Cheers,
        Elly( Amsterdam)

        http://ellyinamsterdam.blogspot//com
        http://pinterest.com/nwdekraker/
        http://photobucket.com/albums/a246/ellyandyael

        Betty wrote:
        I have had a similar experience with British slow cookers. I have two Morphy
        Richards slow cookers - a 5-litre and a 3.5-litre. They have Low, Medium and
        High temps - medium is the normal cooking temp. When cooking meat, I usually
        start on High for an hour and then switch to Med. I use Low for keeping warm
        when necessary. I agree with the poster that the American slow cookers cook
        hot to avoid possible lawsuits, and am glad that I had other options

        Betty Haniotakis