Gingersnap Roast

  • sday5
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2009
      This is a melt in your mouth recipe with a nice gravy. It is also good
      for people who do not do onion.

      3# roast
      18 gingersnaps (crushed)
      1/2 cup steak sauce( like A1)

      Spray your crock with Pam. Place roast in the pot. Put crushed
      gingersnaps on top. Pour the steak sauce on top. Cook 8 to 10 hours on
      low. Remove and slice roast. Scrape the gingersnaps off into the
      drippings before slicing. While the roast is out stir the the gravy.
      I had to add some water to the gravy. I even put in a little wine but
      that is not necessary. Put roast back in the gravy and serve.

      Sadie in Kansas
    • lostnthemyst
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
        hi,

        how may people would you say this serves? i cook for a church (about 30
        people) on tuesdays and this would be something o think they would
        enjoy.
        thanks,
        mel

        --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "sday5" <sday5@...> wrote:

        > This is a melt in your mouth recipe with a nice gravy. It is also good
        > for people who do not do onion.
        >
        > 3# roast
        > 18 gingersnaps (crushed)
        > 1/2 cup steak sauce( like A1)

      • Connie Kalina
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
          Do you mean you put cookies on top of your roast?!

          Connie in Colorado

          http://cwkalina.blogspot.com/

        • Barbara Garrett
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2009
            This reminds me of sauerbraten. I think for a church supper, whatever goes
            well with that would also go great with this. I'm thinking in particular a
            bacon-y hot potato salad and red cabbage w/ raisins, and a nice, crusty
            bread to sop up all the juices. Yum! All would hold well in slow cookers,
            I think.

            -- Barbara Houston Garrett
            www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/barbaragarrett