Crockpot Black and Blue Cobbler

  • Richard Lee Holbert
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
      Crockpot Black and Blue Cobbler

      1 cup flour
      1-1/2 cups sugar
      1 teaspoon baking powder
      1/4 teaspoon salt
      1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
      1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
      2 eggs, beaten
      2 tablespoons milk
      2 tablespoons vegetable oil
      2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
      2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
      3/4 cup water
      1 teaspoon grated orange peel

      Grease the pan of a 4 to 5 quart crockpot. Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar,
      baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Combine eggs, milk and oil;
      stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened. Spread this batter
      evenly over the bottom of the crockpot pan. In a saucepan, combine
      berries, water, orange peel and remaining sugar; bring to a boil. Remove
      from heat; immediately pour over batter in crockpot. Cover and cook on
      high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the batter
      comes out clean. Turn unit off. Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes
      before serving.

      Serves 6 to 8

    • dprc53
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
        Good day,

        This sounds really good to me and I was would like to try it however, I have a question,
        from my inexperience with this type of recipe in a crockpot, and experience in the oven, it
        would make a difference if I used an oval or round crockpot for the surface area of the
        topping. Any thoughts on which one would be best?

        Thanks,
        Dee

        --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, Richard Lee Holbert <rlhintexas@...> wrote:

        > Crockpot Black and Blue Cobbler
        >
        > 1 cup flour
        > 1-1/2 cups sugar
        > 1 teaspoon baking powder
        > 1/4 teaspoon salt
        > 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
        > 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
        > 2 eggs, beaten
        > 2 tablespoons milk
        > 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
        > 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
        > 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
        > 3/4 cup water
        > 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
        >
        > Grease the pan of a 4 to 5 quart crockpot. Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar,
        > baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Combine eggs, milk and oil;
        > stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened. Spread this batter
        > evenly over the bottom of the crockpot pan. In a saucepan, combine
        > berries, water, orange peel and remaining sugar; bring to a boil. Remove
        > from heat; immediately pour over batter in crockpot. Cover and cook on
        > high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the batter
        > comes out clean. Turn unit off. Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes
        > before serving.
        >
        > Serves 6 to 8

      • Richard Lee Holbert
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
          I do not know an answer on this for you Ma'am.