Re: [slowcooker] Slow cooker soap

  • Jo Ann Weaver
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 31, 2008
      I've saw a lot of crackpots at Wal-Mart, LOL

      Jo Ann

      weightloss4uowner@... wrote:

      > Would it be cheaper though to buy a Crockpot, say at Wal-mart, and
      > just use it for soap? I saw a few crackpots at Wal-mart for $10 and under?
      >
      > Judy
      >
      > -

    • Helene Montgomery
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 31, 2008
        Last two Christmases, Walmart had a 2 quart crockpot for $4.00!!!
        Helene M
        Clearlake Oaks, CA
        http://onefromthelake.blogspot.com/
        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 31, 2008
          I am looking a for a recipe for rebatching soap. Anyone know any simple ones? thanks
          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 31, 2008
            I, too would love to hear about your soap making adventure.

            I would also think that if you are using non toxic ingredients the results
            should be ok to use with food afterward. After all isn't that the essence of
            dish detergent???

            Barbara

            _____

            There is a slow cooker for soap available at Michaels. I don't think I
            would use my regular crock pot for soap--then use it for food.

            Carol
            --- On Tue, 12/30/08, Vicki Riddle <vicki1758@yahoo.
            From: Vicki Riddle <vicki1758@yahoo. <mailto:vicki1758%40yahoo.com> com>
            To: slowcooker@yahoogro <mailto:slowcooker%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com
            Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 5:27 PM

          • weightloss4uowner@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 1, 2009
              oops, rflmbo! Yes, I saw "crock" pots too! :D

              Judy

              weightloss4uowner@... wrote:

              > Would it be cheaper though to buy a Crockpot, say at Wal-mart, and
              > just use it for soap? I saw a few crackpots at Wal-mart for $10 and under?
              >
              > Judy
              >
              > -

            • Donna Pyper
              Message 6 of 26 , Jan 1, 2009
                ..........and how many tasty crockpot recipes for soap have you made lately ?? LOL, I don't chime in very often, but thought this was ok for now. DONNA

                To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.comFrom: weightloss4uowner@...: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 08:13:55 -0500Subject: Re: [slowcooker] Slow cooker soap

                oops, rflmbo! Yes, I saw "crock" pots too! :DJudy----- Original Message ----- From: Jo Ann Weaver To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:15 PMSubject: Re: [slowcooker] Slow cooker soapI've saw a lot of crackpots at Wal-Mart, LOLJo Annweightloss4uowner@... wrote:>> Would it be cheaper though to buy a Crockpot, say at Wal-mart, and > just use it for soap? I saw a few crackpots at Wal-mart for $10 and under?>> Judy>> ->[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                Message 7 of 26 , Jan 1, 2009
                  ABSOLUTELY!  I would love to know how to make soap in the crock/crack-pot.  Thanks!

                  Kim

                • Donna Ceroni
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jan 1, 2009
                    Moderator's note: non-slowcooker recipes should be sent off list

                    Please add me to the list of those curious about soap-making using my cp! I also would like to see the one using a microwave.

                    Thanks!
                    Donna/IL

                    Teaching--the profession that creates all others!

                  • Deb Wind
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jan 1, 2009
                      Moderator's note: Hey all, and happy new year, BTW. We've probably had enough follow up requests to get the point across that a lot of people want the recipe / instructions. I think we just have to wait for people to post them.

                      Please add me to the list of those curious about soap-making in the
                      crockpot, too!

                      Thank you!
                      Deb Wind

                      Better to have the Knowledge and not need it,
                      than to need the Knowledge and not have it.

                      Message 10 of 26 , Jan 1, 2009
                        Hi Donna,

                        I am not sure what you mean? The original post stated one could buy a slow cooker at Michaels for making soap ... I only commented on it probably being cheaper to buy at Wal-mart ... and considering the net is full of recipes for making soap using a crock pot, I would assume it's a common process.

                        Take care,
                        Judy

                        To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.comFrom: weightloss4uowner@...: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 08:13:55 -0500Subject: Re: [slowcooker] Slow cooker soap

                        oops, rflmbo! Yes, I saw "crock" pots too! :DJudy----- Original Message ----- From: Jo Ann Weaver To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:15 PMSubject: Re: [slowcooker] Slow cooker soapI've saw a lot of crackpots at Wal-Mart, LOLJo Annweightloss4uowner@... wrote:>> Would it be cheaper though to buy a Crockpot, say at Wal-mart, and > just use it for soap? I saw a few crackpots at Wal-mart for $10 and under?>> Judy>> ->[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                      • RsH
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jan 1, 2009
                          See
                          http://www.mommamuse.com/2006/02/17/instructions-for-making-crock-pot-handmade-soap/
                          for relatively detailed instructions AND a link to other recipes for
                          the soap. There is a recipe in this list of instructions, near the
                          end.

                          http://www.geocities.com/dyavas/crockpot.html for the process with
                          LOTS of photos covering the whole process ... but no real recipe.
                          Use one from the above article's list of recipes.

                          http://www.craftbits.com/viewVideo.do?videoID=59 for a video on the
                          cold process for making soap in a crock pot.

                          http://www.soapnaturally.org/soap_recipes/iss6deborahs.html
                          Oatmeal Cookie Soap recipe
                          * 36 oz. Olive Oil
                          * 4 oz. Castor Oil
                          * 4 oz. Coconut Oil
                          * 6 oz. Sunflower Oil
                          * 2 oz. Cocoa Butter
                          * 6.67 oz. Lye
                          * 10.00 oz. Buttermilk (frozen in 1 oz. Cubes)
                          * 6.72 oz. Distilled Water
                          * ½ cup finely ground oatmeal
                          * ½ cup honey
                          * ½ tsp cinnamon essential oil
                          * ½ tsp clove bud oil
                          * 2 tsp vanilla extract
                          followed by instructions....

                          http://www.makeyourcosmetics.com/recipes/viewrec.asp?id=262&cat=soap
                          Recipe with instructions...
                          Ingredients:
                          8 ounces coconut oil (76 degree or virgin)
                          5 ounces white deodorized cocoa butter. (If using a fragrance oil
                          that goes well with a chocolate scent, you can use regular cocoa
                          butter)
                          5 ounces palm oil
                          4 ounces sunflower oil
                          2 ounces shea butter
                          1 ounces castor oil
                          1 teaspoon mica OR ultramarine OR clay
                          1/2 teaspoon borax
                          3.5 ounces sodium hydroxide
                          9 ounces distilled or rain water
                          1.2 ounces fragrance oil
                          digital scale that weighs in 10ths of ounces
                          stick blender
                          white vinegar

                          http://www.geocities.com/blueaspenoriginals/recipes.html
                          Links on that web page to:
                          Beginner Recipes | Blue Aspen Original Recipes | Blue Aspen Original
                          Castile Recipes | Viewer Shared Recipes

                          So go to it... <grin>

                          RsH
                          On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 12:10:07 -0600, you wrote:

                          >Moderator's note: Hey all, and happy new year, BTW. We've probably had enough follow up requests to get the point across that a lot of people want the recipe / instructions. I think we just have to wait for people to post them.
                          >
                          >Please add me to the list of those curious about soap-making in the
                          >crockpot, too!
                          >
                          >Thank you!
                          >Deb Wind
                          >
                          >Better to have the Knowledge and not need it,
                          >than to need the Knowledge and not have it.
                          >> Moderator's note: non-slowcooker recipes should be sent off list
                          >>
                          >> Please add me to the list of those curious about soap-making using my cp! I also would like to see the one using a microwave.
                          R. S. (Bob) Heuman <robert.heuman@...>
                          Copyright retained. My opinions - no one else's...
                          If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!

                          Retention of this message in violation of Canadian
                          Privacy Laws will be prosecuted.
                        • Donna
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jan 2, 2009
                            I don't post often, but usually do post only cp related questions. The
                            only reason I mentioned the microwave below is because someone here
                            said they use it in addition to the cp. Could whoever mentioned using
                            it email me a recipe offlist then please?

                            Thanks!
                            Donna/IL

                            --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, Donna Ceroni <storyteacher1@...> wrote:

                            > Moderator's note: non-slowcooker recipes should be sent off list
                            >
                            > Please add me to the list of those curious about soap-making using
                            my cp! I also would like to see the one using a microwave.

                            > Thanks!
                            > Donna/IL
                            >
                            > Teaching--the profession that creates all others!

                          • Valerie Wilhoite
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jan 2, 2009
                              The slo coookers that I use for soaps..I get from garage sales1

                              Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Psalms 119: 105

                              What have you been teaching someone today?

                            • Kay Seiler
                              Message 14 of 26 , Jan 2, 2009
                                OK...can we get off soap and onto soup??? The last time I ate soap, I was four and had used a naughty word! LOL!

                                Kay

                                *Grace to you!

                                To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.comFrom: storyteacher1@...: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 15:21:30 +0000Subject: [slowcooker] Re: Slow cooker soap

                                I don't post often, but usually do post only cp related questions. Theonly reason I mentioned the microwave below is because someone heresaid they use it in addition to the cp. Could whoever mentioned usingit email me a recipe offlist then please?Thanks!Donna/IL--- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, Donna Ceroni <storyteacher1@...> wrote:>> Moderator's note: non-slowcooker recipes should be sent off list> > Please add me to the list of those curious about soap-making usingmy cp! I also would like to see the one using a microwave.> > Thanks!> Donna/IL> > Teaching--the profession that creates all others!> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>