Turkey Leftovers

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2008
      Here's how I use the leftovers ...
      (Since I use the baby corn and the Eden brand beans, it's low-carb. But you
      could use any brand you want or have on hand)

      * Exported from MasterCook *
      Turkey - Baja Buzzard Chili
      Serving Size : 8 or more
      3 cups cooked bite-size poultry -- (3 to 4 cups)
      2 cloves minced garlic
      1 cup chopped green pepper
      1 cup chopped onion
      28 ozs stewed tomatoes -- with juice
      14 ozs canned cut Baby Corn (Dynasty brand, drained) -- cut
      in little pieces
      1 teas. Coriander -- or 1 Tbls. cilantro
      1 Tbls. chili powder -- (or more)
      1 teas. Crushed red pepper -- (or more)
      1/8 teas. Hot pepper sauce -- (or more)
      14 ozs black soybeans (Eden brand)

      Some family members add about 1/2 teaspoon salt -- but I don't.

      Throw it all in a crock pot, give it a stir and cook on low for a minimum
      of 4 hours. The crock pot will keep it warm all night while the party's
      going on. Serve with the usual toppings; chopped onions, shredded
      cheese, jalapenos, sour cream, etc.

      This has been a New Year's tradition for us, ever since crock pots were
      invented :) Great way to use up all that left-over turkey in the freezer
      from Thanksgiving.

      --
      Karen
      http://www.other-worlds-cafe.com