Asian: Slow Cooker Chinese Pepper Steak

  • Chupa Babi
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      @@@@@
      Slow Cooker Chinese Pepper Steak

      1 1/2 lbs boneless beef round steak
      1 clove garlic, minced
      1/2 tsp salt
      1/4 tsp pepper
      1/4 cup soy sauce
      1 tbsp hoisin sauce
      1 tsp sugar
      1 tomato, chopped
      2 red bell peppers, or green, cut into strips
      3 tbsp cornstarch
      3 tbsp water
      1 cup fresh bean sprouts
      4 scallions, finely chopped

      First, trim fat from steak and slice into thin strips. Mix together steak, garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sugar in your crock pot. Cover and cook on low about 8 hours. 30 minutes before cooking time is done, set your crock pot on high. Add tomato and bell peppers. Dissolve cornstarch in water in small bowl; stir into steak mixture. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bean sprouts. Sprinkle with onions. Serve with rice.

      Source: Frewerd, Sherry "Family Favorite Asian Crock Pot Recipes." Family Favorite Asian Crock Pot Recipes. 15 Feb. 2008.
      Formatted by chupa Babi: 10.31.08

      ChupaNote: with the soy and hoisin sauce, I thought the salt was too much. I'd leave it out next time and increase the pepper or use some garlic chili paste.

      -----