Asian Slow Cooker Szechuan Pork

  • Chupa Babi
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      @@@@@
      Slow Cooker Szechuan Pork

      1 1/2 lbs boneless pork chops
      1 (8 oz) can bamboo shoots, drained
      1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained
      6 green onions, chopped
      1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
      1/4 cup Szechuan hot bean sauce
      1/4 cup soy sauce
      2 1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
      2 tbsp rice wine, or dry sherry
      4 tsp sesame oil
      4 tsp sugar
      8 cloves garlic, minced

      Trim chops of excess fat and brown on both sides in a skillet on the stovetop. Place chops in the bottom of the crock pot and cover with bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and green onions. Combine remaining ingredients together in a bowl and pour over vegetables. Cook on low for 8 hours or until chops are tender and cooked through. Serve hot with cooked rice.

      Serves: 4

      Source: Frewerd, Sherry "Family Favorite Asian Crock Pot Recipes." Family Favorite Asian Crock Pot Recipes. 15 Feb. 2008.
      Formatted by Chupa Babi: 10.31.08

      ChupaNote: I don't care for the tinny taste of canned vegetables, so I used 1 bag of frozen mixed oriental vegetables, rinsed in room temperature water, but not defrosted. Put the veggies in the bottom of the slow cooker, meat on top, pour liquid over everything.
      -----