Re:Crockpot Praline Apple Crisp

  • Bill & Jacquita Davis
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 6, 2008
      Where do you get the toffee bits?
      Jacquita

    • Kathy
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 6, 2008
        You can buy Skor bites I find them with the chocolate chips.

        To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.comFrom: jacqnbill@...: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:54:22 -0700Subject: [slowcooker] Re:Crockpot Praline Apple Crisp

        Where do you get the toffee bits?Jacquita[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      • Lara Ellis
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 11, 2008
          How much cinnamon do you use in this recipe? thns...

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 11, 2008
            I researched the site I got the recipe from and it did not state.
            I then went to the original site Pillsbury and it states 1 teaspoon
            ground cinnamon.

            Lara Ellis wrote:
            > How much cinnamon do you use in this recipe? thns...

          • mandmmom_2000
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 12, 2008
              This is a good recipe. I crocked it in my 2 qt. crockpot yesterday on high and it was done
              in two hours. The fruit held it's shape and was not mushy. I made a couple of changes,
              used golden delicious apples and pears (fruit was free from neighbors trees). It didn't say
              in recipe but I did peel the apples and pears. Instead of butter I used 1/4 cup of canola
              oil.

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 12, 2008
                I made this too... It was very good.  I added some dried cherries and also peeled the apples.  Used 3 tbsp cinnamon, could have used a bit less.  I also cut the sugar in half and it was sweet enough for us.  I used crisco sticks in place of butter.  All in all a great recipe!  Thanks again..

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 12, 2008

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 12, 2008
                    HA!  Thanks... I used 3 tbsp...it was a bit much but still very very good.

                    Lara Ellis wrote:
                    > How much cinnamon do you use in this recipe? thns...

                  • alison pileggi
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 12, 2008
                      Wow how easy I am going to make this tomorrow.

                      -Alison

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 12, 2008
                        This is perfect for our Thanksgiving tomorrow!!! & easy too!

                        Kate

                        To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.comFrom: dapileggi@...: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 18:11:42 -0700Subject: Re: [slowcooker] Re: Crockpot Praline Apple Crisp

                        Wow how easy I am going to make this tomorrow.-AlisonLara Ellis <Larellis@...> wrote:I made this too... It was very good. I added some dried cherries and also peeled the apples. Used 3 tbsp cinnamon, could have used a bit less. I also cut the sugar in half and it was sweet enough for us. I used crisco sticks in place of butter. All in all a great recipe! Thanks again..--- On Sun, 10/12/08, mandmmom_2000 <rkhuelman@...> wrote:From: mandmmom_2000 <rkhuelman@...>Subject: [slowcooker] Re: Crockpot Praline Apple CrispTo: slowcooker@yahoogroups.comDate: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 8:31 AMThis is a good recipe. I crocked it in my 2 qt. crockpot yesterday on high and it was done in two hours. The fruit held it's shape and was not mushy. I made a couple of changes, used golden delicious apples and pears (fruit was free from neighbors trees). It didn't say in recipe but I did peel the apples and pears. Instead of butter I used 1/4 cup of canola oil. --- In slowcooker@yahoogro ups.com, Richard Lee Holbert <rlhintexas@ ...> wrote:>> Crockpot Praline Apple Crisp> > > Ingredients> > 6 granny smith or braeburn apples, cut into ½ -inch thick slices> 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats> 1/3 cup packed brown sugar> 1/4 cup all purpose flour> 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces> 1/2 cup chopped pecans> 1/2 cup toffee bits> Ice cream, optional> > > Directions> > Spray a 3-4 quart crockpot with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix > apples and cinnamon to coat. Place in crockpot. In a medium bowl, mix > oats, brown sugar, flour and butter with pastry blender or fork, until > crumbly. Stir in pecans and toffee bits. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly > over apples. Cover, cook on low heat setting 4 to 6 hours. (Use the low > end of the cook range if you would like the apples to retain their shape > and have a slightly firm texture.) Serve with ice cream.> > Source Pillsbury Via Macey's Recipe Of The Day Mailer> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]