how can i use these up

  • maria
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2008
      Moderator's note: Please remember to send any non-slowcooker recipes / suggestions directly to the poster, not the list. Thanks!!

      2 packages of Hot Dogs
      27 Hot Dog Buns
      13 Hamburger buns

      Anyone else Hamburgered and Hotdogged to death??if I never see another
      Hot Dog/Hamburger that would be fine with me!LOL
    • Jeanette Ann Morse
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2008
        Bread Pudding for the rolls
        Sweet & Sour Hot Dogs for the dogs
        I can give you the recipe later today

        Jen
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 6, 2008
          Fast and easy? Throw the hot dogs in the crockpot, throw your favorite
          canned chili on top (I usually have chili in the freezer), season to taste,
          and/or add other stuff you like (crumbled cooked hamburger? Use it up!) ..
          heat until hot and have chili dogs on the hot dog buns.

          In your other crockpot, make a bread pudding out of the hamburger buns. Lots
          of vanilla and cinnamon and sliced or chopped apples. Spoon over vanilla ice
          cream.

          Sorry, I don't have recipes. I'm mostly a "Throw it in until it looks right
          cook".

          --
          Karen
          http://www.other-worlds-cafe.com

          On 5 Jul 2008 20:10:35 -0000, secretwindow-jd1@... wrote:

          > how can i use these up

          Moderator's note: Please remember to send any non-slowcooker recipes /
          > suggestions directly to the poster, not the list. Thanks!!
          >
          > 2 packages of Hot Dogs
          > 27 Hot Dog Buns
          > 13 Hamburger buns
          >
          > Anyone else Hamburgered and Hotdogged to death??if I never see another
          > Hot Dog/Hamburger that would be fine with me!LOL

        • Kathy
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 6, 2008
            Looks like bread pudding time!! CP makes wonderful bread puddings.

            Kate

            To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.comFrom: secretwindow-jd1@...: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 22:19:36 +0000Subject: [slowcooker] how can i use these up

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2008
              How about making bread pudding with the leftover buns? Save some for sandwiches, maybe stuffing.

            • Karen Richards
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 6, 2008
                My father used to do this. He only knew how to cook 2 meals tomato soup
                and grilled cheese sandwiches or these hot dogs. He put hot dogs in the
                bottom of the crock pot, canned or homemade chili on next, then chopped
                raw onions. Cooked til hot and bubbly and then served on buns topped
                with shredded cheddar cheese.
                He was an engineer and the guys on his office would occasionally eat
                lunch together, sort of potluck, that they brought. My father always did
                these hotdogs. No idea where he go the recipe. He made them at home
                sometimes too. They were good.
                Another Karen

                Karen wrote:

                >Fast and easy? Throw the hot dogs in the crockpot, throw your favorite
                >canned chili on top (I usually have chili in the freezer), season to taste,
                >and/or add other stuff you like (crumbled cooked hamburger? Use it up!) ..
                >heat until hot and have chili dogs on the hot dog buns.
                >
                >In your other crockpot, make a bread pudding out of the hamburger buns. Lots
                >of vanilla and cinnamon and sliced or chopped apples. Spoon over vanilla ice
                >cream.
                >
                >Sorry, I don't have recipes. I'm mostly a "Throw it in until it looks right
                >cook".

              • King's Crown
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 7, 2008
                  I'd stick them in the freezer and use another time.

                  Today's dinner at my house is going to be a turkey breast in the crockpot with cranberry sauce and onion soup mix. I'm just drooling thinking about it.

                  Lynne