Re: [slowcooker] Stewed Tomatoes

  • BruceTerwilliger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2008
      I am normally a lurker but am interested in this recipe. I do not see how many tomatoes are used. Am I missing something or is this just the basic recipe and you add as many tomatoes as you feel to make up the 4 to 5 servings.

      Bruce - a Recipe Junkie from NJ

      ckayp77 <ckpenner77@...> wrote:
      * Exported from MasterCook *

      Stewed Tomatoes

      Recipe By :
      Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
      Categories :

      2 tbs butter or margarine
      1 medium onion -- thinly sliced
      1/2 cup chopped celery
      1/4 cup chopped green pepper
      1/2 tsp sugar
      1/2 tsp dried sweet basil
      1 small bay leaf
      1 tsp salt
      1/8 tsp pepper
      2 tbs chopped parsley

      To Prepare: Quickly dip tomatoes in boiling water; remove skin.
      Quarter tomatoes; remove core and seeds. In crockpot, combine all
      ingredients except parsley. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
      Remove bay leaf. Sprinkle top with parsley.

      Yield: 4 to 5 servings

      Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 380 Calories; 25g Fat (54.8%
      calories from fat); 7g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber;
      62mg Cholesterol; 2471mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7
      Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

      Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

      Bruce - A Recipe Junkie from New Jersey