Re: [slowcooker] Whole chicken

  • melekini49@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
      Sounds delicious! Mary jayne

      In a message dated 6/9/2008 6:51:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      sativa83@... writes:

      I cooked a whole chicken in the crockpot today and it turned out really
      juicy.. yum

      I just rubbed it with season salt, garlic powder, onion powder, basil,
      paprika and let it sit in a big ziplock bag over night in the fridge.

      This morning I put sliced onions in the bottom of the pot, put a few crushed
      garlic cloves inside the chicken and minced garlic on top of the chicken

      Put the chicken in the pot and sliced carrots, potatoes, and celery all
      around it.

      Poured 1/2 cup chicken broth around the chicken

      I'll definitely make this again, and love that I have leftovers to go in a
      casserole

      If I had lemon I would have sliced it and put inside the chicken

      ************************<WBR>**Vote for your city's best dining and nightl
      2008. (_http://citysbest.http://citysbhttp://citysbesthttp_
      (http://citysbest.aol.com/?ncid=aolacg00050000000102) )

      2008. (http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)

    • Mystic Wolf
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
        Thanks for this Recipe! This sounds Really Great!
        I would like to try to make this for Me & Hubby!
        Will You Please tell Me "How Long Did It Take To Cook This Recipe?"
        Again Thanks Sativa!
        Mystic Wolf

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
          oops sorry I cooked on low for 5 hours

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
            also forgot to mention I thickened the juices after it was done with flour
            to make a yummy gravy