Whole chicken

  • sativa83@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
      I cooked a whole chicken in the crockpot today and it turned out really
      juicy.. yum

      I just rubbed it with season salt, garlic powder, onion powder, basil,
      paprika and let it sit in a big ziplock bag over night in the fridge.

      This morning I put sliced onions in the bottom of the pot, put a few crushed
      garlic cloves inside the chicken and minced garlic on top of the chicken

      Put the chicken in the pot and sliced carrots, potatoes, and celery all
      around it.

      Poured 1/2 cup chicken broth around the chicken

      I'll definitely make this again, and love that I have leftovers to go in a
      casserole

      If I had lemon I would have sliced it and put inside the chicken

      2008. (http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)

    • melekini49@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
        Sounds delicious! Mary jayne

        ************************<WBR>**Vote for your city's best dining and nightl
        2008. (_http://citysbest.http://citysbhttp://citysbesthttp_
        (http://citysbest.aol.com/?ncid=aolacg00050000000102) )

        2008. (http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)

      • Mystic Wolf
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
          Thanks for this Recipe! This sounds Really Great!
          I would like to try to make this for Me & Hubby!
          Will You Please tell Me "How Long Did It Take To Cook This Recipe?"
          Again Thanks Sativa!
          Mystic Wolf

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
            oops sorry I cooked on low for 5 hours

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
              also forgot to mention I thickened the juices after it was done with flour
              to make a yummy gravy