[slowcooker] Re:Cowboy Casserole

  • FastFrank4@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 1999
      Regarding the question about draining the beans in this casserole, I didn't
      drain them and it turned out pretty good. Try that next time. Lisa Tucker

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/slowcooker
    • cblurose@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2001
        Cowboy Casserole

        1 onion, chopped
        1 1/2 lbs ground chuck, browned and drained
        6 medium potatoes. sliced
        1 can red beans
        1 can tomatoes mixed with 2 tbsp. flour or 1 can tomato soup
        Salt
        Pepper
        Garlic

        Put chopped onion in the bottom of the crockpot; layer with browned ground
        beef, sliced potatoes, and beans. Spread tomatoes or soup over all. Sprinkle
        with seasonings as desired. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Serves 4
        to 6.
        Carrie

      • Dawn T
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 12, 2002
          Here is another recipe from the Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook. I forgot to mention in the first recipe that I used my 7qt crockpot, but it would fit in a 5 or 6 qt easily. I used my 7qt for this recipe too.

          Cowboy Casserole

          1 onion, chopped
          1 1/2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
          6 med. potatoes, sliced
          1 clove garlic, minced ( I used more, but we like garlic)
          16 oz can kidney beans
          15 oz can diced tomatoes mixed with 2 Tbsp flour. or 10 3/4 oz can tomato soup
          1 tsp salt
          1/4 tsp pepper

          1. Layer onions, ground beef, potatoes, garlic and beans in slow cooker.
          2 Spread tomatoes or soup over all. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
          3. Cover. Cook on low 5 - 6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.

          This is another keeper.

          Have a great day
          Dawn

        • amberlane@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
            Cowboy Casserole
            1 onion, chopped
            1 1/2 lbs ground chuck, browned and drained
            6 medium potatoes. sliced
            1 can red beans
            1 can tomatoes mixed with 2 tbsp. flour or 1 can tomato soup
            Salt
            Pepper
            Garlic
            Put chopped onion in the bottom of the crockpot; layer with browned
            ground beef, sliced potatoes, and beans. Spread tomatoes or soup over
            all. Sprinkle with seasonings as desired. Cover and cook on low for 7 to
            9 hours. Serves 4 to 6.
            Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes Index

            http://community.webtv.net/amberlane/AmbersAlley

            If you're too busy to laugh, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!