Re: [slowcooker] Re: This may be a dumb question... But what do you fix in the crock pot when you don't feel like fixing anything???

  • Connie Pritchett
    Message 1 of 31 , May 7, 2008
      Thank you so much for answering me... I am sorry that my reply is late... I have been ill.
      I will try these tried and true recipes... thanks again

      Connie J. Pritchett

      David Wagner <dlwsr300@...> wrote:
      --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, Connie Pritchett
      <daveconniepritchettdrain@...> wrote:

      > I have experimented and experimented... and I just don't
      know what turns out well anymore.... I experimented prior to joining
      this group... and does anyone have a standby recipe to share....
      > I have used the Fix it and Forget it crockpot cookbook... and
      some recipes have turned out well, and others have not...
      > Is there any hope for me????
      > Hugs,
      > Connie J. Pritchett

      Here is the link the our newsgroup's recipe of the month winners.
      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4G7_R8oKnoJxpGxdQt65rKy5yXxZmp2jExgloI2yl
      VioImMe0yhzq0uPFbNP_xQ22pr_cgdmni0cbchS9iTeKTPUlj7DCg/Slowcooker%
      20group%20cookbooklet.pdf The readers tried them and voted on them
      Our moderators tooks nominations and then the readers voted. Another
      option is to enter "TNT" in the search block for this newsgroup. TNT
      is an abbreviation for tried and true. You can also try entering ROM
      (or recipe of the month) in the search block too.

    • Connie Pritchett
      Message 31 of 31 , May 16, 2008
        Mystic Wolf,

        You are so very welcome!!! I am happy to answer any question, if I know the answer.

        All I do for my whole chicken, is to coat it well with Lawrys seasoning salt, either the regular or the salt-free blend. This I usually cook it in the oven. This seasoning comes out really great, when cooked in the oven.... I am very soon going to try this method in the crock pot, with the foil in the bottom... hopefully soon... I will let you know how it comes out.

        I can't wait to try Betz's recipe, as my similar recipe came out so creamy and tasty.

        Thanks again, Betz, for the recipe.

        Love and Hugs,

        Connie J. Pritchett

        mysticwolf_632 <thecherokees@...> wrote:

        Betz & Connie...Thank You Both For The Recipe & the different
        Suggestions!
        Also...Connie: Thank You for answering My question about the Cooking
        Time!
        I am sure looking forward to fixing this Dish!

        Blessed Be...So Mote It Be!
        Hugggs Mystic Wolf

        <excess quoted text snipped>