Re: darlene steel cut oatmeal

  • jwilly6173
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 3, 2008
      --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, Bettye Jordan <memawsews00@...> wrote:

      > darlene where do you buy steel oats? i live in west texas and never heard of them till
      now. would love to try some as hubby is quiet the oatmeal eater and i am diabetic.
      > thanks
      > bettye in west texas
      >
      > Darlene <darlenec_87@...> wrote:
      > Steel cut oats are the grains of oats, that are cut on a steel mill.
      > The other type you use are rolled oats.

      Re: Steel Cut Oats
      Bettye in West Texas asked where to buy Steel Cut
      Oats. We use Steel Cut Oats from Bob's Red Mill
      (located in Portland ,OR) which are available at local
      grocery stores across the country. They make lots of
      milled products, Steel Cut Oats are just one of them.
      Stores in or around Midland (for example) were:
      Nature's Pantry, H-E-B, United Supermarkets and
      several more. Not sure where you are in West Texas, so
      check it out. My wife loves the oats cooked on the
      stove top, haven't tried them in the slow cooker.

      Go to their web site:
      http://www.bobsredmill.com/maps/storefinder.php
      type in you city and state. They are probably
      available near you.

      Joe in Bremerton, WA
    • Dana
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 3, 2008
        A while ago I order a dual insert for my crockpot from Rival. They
        accidentally sent me two and I have both. I don't need both, so if
        there is someone who can use this I would be happy to give it to you
        if you will pay the shipping. It is still packed and in the box I
        received it in.

        It is similar to this one

        http://www.jardenstore.com/product.aspx?bid=17&pid=4253&cid=1471

        but the divider is in the middle and a wave shape and for the 6.5 qt
        crockpot.

        I really like mine and would just like to share this extra.
        Please contact me privately if interested.