Goulash recipe

  • JerseyLotus
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008
      Sorry about not sharing the recipe! I've seen many, many Hungarian goulash
      recipes for the crockpot that are all similar; this one is from "Fix-It and
      Forget-It Lightly":

      Hungarian Goulash

      1 lb lean ground beef (I used beef cubes cut into bite-sized pieces)
      1 large onion, sliced
      1 clove garlic, minced
      1/2 C ketchup
      2 T Worcestershire sauce
      1 T brown sugar
      1 1/2 tsp salt
      2 tsp paprika (I used smoked paprika)
      1/2 tsp ground mustard
      1 C water
      Plus
      1/4 C flour
      1/4 C cold water

      Place meat in crockpot and cover with onions. Combine garlic, ketchup,
      Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, paprika, and mustard with 1 C water
      and add to pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Combine flour with cold water and
      add to pot. Cook on high for 10-15 minutes, until slightly thickened. Serve
      over cooked noodles or rice. (I used more garlic, and also some Dijon
      mustard.)