Re: Stuffed french toast in the crockpot

  • Melissa Bowyer
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2008
      This recipe was one that I had posted on another group- because I put the note in there about Texas toast and canned apples... :>)
      I made it over the weekend, I did not like it at all!!!!!
      The bread did not come out cooked very well. I would STRONGLY suggest making it ahead of time to try it out before a big event.

    • Charlotte
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2008
        This sounds wonderful. I wonder if you could cut some of the calories by using fat free cream cheese and skim milk? What do you think? Also, I'm not a big apple fan, so do you think other fruit would work?
        Charlotte in AZ

      • melekini49@aol.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2008
            I have a friend who makes something like this with blueberries and the low fat ingredients and it is baked but the recipe is so similar I bet it would work in the slow cooker as well.

            Charlotte <giraffevolkman@...> wrote: This sounds wonderful. I wonder if you could cut some of the calories by using fat free cream cheese and skim milk? What do you think? Also, I'm not a big apple fan, so do you think other fruit would work?
            Charlotte in AZ