[slowcooker] Question....

  • PaulaCat@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 1999
      I recently bought a crockette and used it for the first time yesterday. I
      like the idea of being able to cook smaller amounts since there are just two
      of us, but I found that the crockette cooked much hotter than my regular 3.5
      qt. Of course, there is only one temp.

      I vaguely remember some discussion a while back about temperatures for high
      (300?), low (200?) and crockette (?) and thought that the info was somewhere
      on the Rival website. I couldn't find it, though. Under crockette
      description, it only says "one low setting." Can anybody tell me what that
      temp might be?

      Thanks in advance...love this list! (Maria does a super job!)

      Paula

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/slowcooker
    • Myron Menaker
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 1999
        Dear Paula,

        If you can't find out any other way, and you don't have a suitable
        thermometer, put a half-cup of water in your pot. See if it boils
        (212F). If it does...it's hotter than "low" which is 198 - 200F.

        Myron, at the beach...where it's over 80 degrees at noon!

        PaulaCat@... wrote:

        > I recently bought a crockette and used it for the first time yesterday. I
        > like the idea of being able to cook smaller amounts since there are just two
        > of us, but I found that the crockette cooked much hotter than my regular 3.5
        > qt. Of course, there is only one temp.
        >
        > I vaguely remember some discussion a while back about temperatures for high
        > (300?), low (200?) and crockette (?) and thought that the info was somewhere
        > on the Rival website. I couldn't find it, though. Under crockette
        > description, it only says "one low setting." Can anybody tell me what that
        > temp might be?

        ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
        Myron Menaker Daytona Beach FL USA
        myronm@... |
        \ / _\/_
        .-'-. //o\ _\/_
        "Keep the Whole World Singing!" |

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/slowcooker
      • Finewine70@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2000
          Hello..this will sound kinda silly, but I keep finding recipes that call for
          leeks or chutney. Does anyone know what these are? I have no clue..and stop
          laughing :)
          Thanks in advance. Kassi