Crockpot Pasta E Fagoli Soup recipe~

  • Kali
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
      I'd love to have a Pasta E Fagoli recipe!

      If anyone gets a free moment, I'd love to have it! :)

      If it's not for the crockpot, please email it to me directly.

      TIA,

      Kali
    • Marilou Troutman

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2007
          I believe there are several in the archives.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2007
            I'd love to have a Pasta E Fagoli recipe!

            If anyone gets a free moment, I'd love to have it! :)

            If it's not for the crockpot, please email it to me directly.

            TIA,

            Kali

            .

            <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1099124/grpspId=1707744225/msgId
            =35517/stime=1194263642/nc1=5008826/nc2=4836038/nc3=4776365> Hi, go to
            recipezaar.com and enter #31717 in the search line. It will take you to a
            pasta fagioli soup recipe for the slow cooker I have made before and it is
            great..!!

            Otherwise there are also other Fagioli recipes there if you put Fagioli in
            the search box and hit search. Good luck, Larry (one of the tastiest soups I
            have ever made)

          • clhw2
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2007
              I got this one off a list, haven't tried it yet, but intend to.
              Hope this helps.

              --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Woodbury" <la.woodb@...>
              wrote:

              > I'd love to have a Pasta E Fagoli recipe!
              >
              > If anyone gets a free moment, I'd love to have it! :)
              >
              > If it's not for the crockpot, please email it to me directly.
              >
              > TIA,

              Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup in a Crock Pot (Copycat)
              Recipe #3171760 ratings
              This tastes exactly like the pasta e fagioli soup at the Olive
              Garden. Wonderful! Husband loves it!
              by ravensmith | Edit...My Notes

              12-14 servings 7ΒΌ hours 15 min prep
              Change to: servings US Metric
              2 lbs ground beef
              1 onion, chopped
              3 carrots, chopped
              4 stalks celery, chopped
              2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
              1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
              1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
              3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
              3 teaspoons oregano
              2 teaspoons pepper
              5 teaspoons parsley
              1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
              1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
              8 ounces pasta

              Not the one? See other Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup in a Crock
              Pot (Copycat) Recipes
              Copycat Soups
              Crock Pot Soups
              Low Cholesterol Soups
              Ground Beef Soups
              Italian Soups
              Brown beef in a skillet.
              Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except
              pasta.
              Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
              During last 30 min on high or 1 hour on low, add pasta.

              http://www.recipeza ar.com/31717
            • melekini49@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 6, 2007
                Mine is different. I make it when I have a leftover ham bone, lol.

                Put hambone in crock pot, cover with water, 3/4 of the way. Add pepper to
                taste. In a frying pan put about 2 tbsp of olive oil. Cook 3 -4 cloves of
                chopped garlic and 1 small chopped onion for about 10 minutes on low. Add a can of
                tomato paste and a can of water to the garlic/onion mixture and cook for 15
                minutes. Add this mixture to the crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours on low. Now
                if I was doing this on the stove I would just dump in a can of cannelli
                beans or two in the last hour and also a half of a box of elbow macaroni and cook
                until the macaroni was done. So in the last hour in the crock pot I would
                add 1 can of cannelli beans but still boil the elbow macaroni separately and
                add it at the very last minute. I am not good at estimating cooking times for
                pasta in the crock pot and that is why I do it separately. Serve with a few
                dashes of parmesan cheese and of course Italian bread to dip into it. MJ

              • Bill & Jacquita Davis
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 6, 2007
                  Remember last week when I sent in about having company from NY coming to visit...and I was a little scared about making this dish for the first time for my friends? Well I just want to thank all of you for talking about how good it is. They loved it as well as my husband and I. This will be a winter staple soup in my house. Thank you all for answering my questions.
                  Jacquita

                • Marna Goodyear
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 7, 2007
                    I find that canned beef broth has a funny taste. Or it does to me anyway. So I always use chicken broth. If I really need to, I'll do half beef and half chicken, and I always think the flavor is much better.