Re: [slowcooker] Crawfish Corn Chowder

  • Kay D
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 31, 2007
      I don't remember if it was on this list or one of the others I belong to, someone said you can sub crab meat.

      KayD

      "One can't complain.
      I have my friends.
      Someone spoke to me only yesterday."
      Eeyore @->-->--

      CFF: http://CookingForFun.info
      http://cookingforfun.tripod.com

    • Debbi L-B
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 9, 2008
        I do pasta this way also and it works great for me. I also received
        a fantastic new cookbook for Christmas by Jyl Steinbeck, The Busy
        Moms Slow Cooker Cookbook"

        All the recipes are fantastic and low fat to boot! Here is the link
        to the book but I am sure it would also be available on Amazon also

        http://www.americashealthiestmom.com/Cookbooks/slowcooker.htm

        Also I like using the "No Yolks" noodles in the crockpot = these are
        noodles made with egg whites that taste great to me.

        -- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "smvang" <smvang@...> wrote:

        > I don't know about rice, but I have done both spaghetti and wide
        noodles in
        > my crock pot by putting them in the dish at about the last hour or
        so. I
        > make the sauce or the soup and then add the pasta products last.
        They have
        > done fine that way. I have also discovered that chicken thighs
        make the
        > very best chicken noodle soup - and they are relatively cheap. I
        got two
        > bags from Meijers at buy one - get one free for $5.95.
        > He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he
        cannot lose.
        > Jim Elliott.
        >
        > From: "Linda Dumoulin" <ldum2001@...>
        > Subject: Re: [slowcooker] rice in a crock pot?
        >

        > >i wish i knew too. i will never cook pasta or rice in mine.
        maybe cook it