Re: [slowcooker] 10+ hour recipes

  • Ricky Hunt
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 3, 2007
      Another solution would be to get a slowcooker with a timer and a keep warm
      setting. That way, if you are later than you anticipated, your food doesn't
      sit for long at room temperature. I forgot a roast recently for 4 hours (sat
      straight up in bed at 11:30 :-), and it was still safely warm, but not
      overcooked.
    • msclassylady717
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 3, 2007
        lol...... I have around 7 slowcookers/crockpots (probably more when I
        finish unpacking the rest of my boxes...lol) ....

        Was gonna have some freinds over for a bbq one night... well... the
        night the bbq was to take place... well... the weatherman said...
        RAIN... yikes ... 13 people and rain ..... sooooooo..... what I did
        was..... the night before.... I started to par brown my ribs and
        chicken and italian sausage on the grill.... then each to their
        individual crocks...

        Wow........what fun........ in the am ..... just inserted the crocks
        into the cooking unit.... and no fuss ...no muss ... baked beans in
        another one ... corn on the cob in another .... This way.... I was
        able to enjoy my company; when it was time to eat ... all the food
        was hot, nobody had to wait.... and it stormed like you know what,
        and non of us got wet....lol

        CJ in fla/msclassylady717