Asian Pork Roast

  • kalaa lynn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2007
      2 large onions, thinly sliced
      3 garlic cloves, minced
      1/2 tsp. salt
      1/2 tsp pepper
      1 (3 pound), boneless whole pork loin roast
      1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
      3 bay leaves
      1/4 cup hot water
      1/4 cup honey
      1/4 cup soy sauce
      2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
      1 tsp. ginger
      1/2 tsp. cloves
      3 Tbsp. cornstarch
      1/4 cup cold water
      2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
      Hot cooked rice and sliced green onion tops

      Place onions in crockpot. In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt and pepper. Cut roast in half. Rub with garlic mixture. In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking oil, brown pork in oil on both sides. Transfer to crockpot and add bay leaves.
      In a small bowl, combine hot water and honey; stir in soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and cloves. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
      Remove meat and onions from crockpot. Keep warm. Discard bay leaves. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into crockpot.
      Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice. Slice pork and top with onions, sauce and sesame seeds. Serve over rice. Top with onions.

    • *~Tamara~*
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2009
        Asian Pork Roast

        1 (3 to 4 pound) pork roast
        1/4 cup soy sauce
        1/4 cup orange marmalade
        1 tablespoon ketchup
        2 cloves garlic, crushed

        Place roast in crockpot. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.

        Looking for some new crockpot recipes? Casseroles?
      • jlknox99
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2009
          Have this cooking right now.  It smells delicious.  What did you use for sides with this?  We will probably have roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli, but don't know yet.

          ________________________________
          Place roast in crockpot. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/casseroles _and_crockpots/
          Looking for some new crockpot recipes? Casseroles?

        • Hilly van Zuylekom
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2009
            Tamara, did you use the salty soy sauce or the sweet one (ketjap manis)?I
            guess it ws the salty one, there would be enough sweetness in the marmalade
            and the ketchup. Am I right? Sounds delicious. I think I would service it
            with
            plain rice and some stir fry bok choy, peas and baby carrots.