Re: [slowcooker] put in crockpot?

  • Dixie Jo
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
      Anything you can cook on the stove or in the oven you can cook in the
      crockpot. If it reguires noodles you don't want to add them till the last 30
      min -1 hr before its done. Here is a conversion chart. Hope this helps

      Love ya,
      Dixie

      Crockpot Conversion Chart
      If original recipe calls for 1/4 to 1/2 hr, cook on low for 4 to 8 hours or
      cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours
      If original recipe calls for 1/2 to 1 hr, cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on
      high for 3 to 4 hours
      If original recipe calls for 1 to 3 hrs., cook on low for 8 to 16 hrs. Or
      cook on high for 4 to 6 hrs.
      Low is 180 to 200 degrees
      High is around 300 degrees
      The cooking times sure aren't very specific, but only a guideline given by
      the Culinary Arts Institute.

      The biggest sacrafice we will make is the call of God over our lives. Christ
      called us to carry the cross not the cause.

      ~Beth Moore~

      http://www.myspace.com/dixieslifestruggles
    • triketreker@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2007
        Personally, I think it would taste better cooked in the CP. All the flavors
        would be nicely blended. I have copied it to my recipe book!!

        Sherri
        In COLD Indianapolis

        CO COLTS!!!

      • Betty Cruikshank
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2007
          That sure sounds like way too many ingredients to put with only a 5 lb roast. 32 ounces of Salsa? Plus a whole cup of brown sugar and a whole can of cranberry sauce?
          What becomes of all the salsa/sauce when it is all done cooking? Appoximately 2 quarts of it ?
          Wondering
          Betty C

        • Auntie J
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2007
            Betty,
            I'd say that probably depends on how much sauce you want for serving. If
            we were using the 2" chunks of pork, we'd serve it over rice and would want
            a lot of sauce. With a whole roast for slicing, we'd probably cut the
            sauce recipe in half. Rarely, if ever, do we ever use all the sauce from a
            slowcooker recipe. I just eyeball the way the roast sits in my slowcooker
            and make whatever adjustments are warranted.