Re: [slowcooker] How to Make Baked Potatos?

  • Sarah Navarro
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 1998
      Hi Maria, I found these directions on a bulletin board for the Southern
      Cooking Mining Co. site. I haven't tried it so I can't vouch for how good
      it works.

      CROCK POT BAKED POTATOES

      10 to 12 potatoes
      Aluminum foil

      Prick potatoes with fork and wrap in foil. Fill crockpot with
      potatoes. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. High 2 1/4 to 4.
      Do not add water!

      >Does anyone know how to use the crockpot to make baked potatos? I think
      >it can be done, I'm just not sure how!
      >
      >Thanks
      >Maria
      >

      >----
      >Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/slowcooker/
      >--
      >Start a FREE E-Mail List at http://makelist.com !

      ----
      Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/slowcooker/
    • Marie Campbell
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 28, 1998
        Please do, Marsha!

        Marie

        --
        Watkins Independent Representative
        Enhancing lives for 130 years

        ----
        Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/slowcooker/
      • Seanette M Blaylock
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28, 1998
          Maria:
          >Does anyone know how to use the crockpot to make baked potatos? I
          >think it can be done, I'm just not sure how!

          I was just reading directions for that yesterday. :-)

          >From "Living on a Shoestring" by Ann Fox Chodakowski and Susan Fox Wood:

          "Fill Crock-Pot with desired number of washed potatoes and cover each
          potato with foil. Add about one cup water. Cook on Low for about four
          hours."

          Seanette

        • Maria Rost Rublee
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 29, 1998
            Marsha, PLEASE do post that recipe for twice baked potatos! :)
            Sounds great! --Maria

            ----
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 1998
              Hey everyone, did you notice with the baked potato recipes, some called
              for water and others explicitly said don't use water?

              That's why we need this group! :) I am going to try it both ways and see
              how I like them. I don't mind experimenting with a $.25 potato!

              And *many* thanks to everyone who posted recipes. I've been looking and
              haven't found a single one, so without you I'd still be at ground zero!

              Maria

              ----
              Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/slowcooker/