Re: [slowcooker] Re: Fix it and Forget it cookbook

  • Dorothy Simmons
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
      I /found a used copy called Fix It and Forget It by the Cresent Company. Is this it?

      later

      Dottie

      Christi Hicks <cgl1539@...> wrote:
      Its called Fix it and Forget it Feasting with your slow cooker. I got
      it the first time from my library, but dont really have a lot of time
      to get all I wanted from it in short time I had it, so I was so happy
      to find it at Surplus City.

      --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, marie swindler
      <keepinghouseisseriousbusiness@...> wrote:

      > Oh boy I tried doing this once and I was cross-eyed!
      > You are very kind to offer and whatever you post I
      > will gladly "take"!!
      >
      > What's the exact name of the book I think it sounds
      > like I might try to find it used too but on online!
      >
      > thanks very much,
      > Marie S
      > ---

      Later

      Dottie
      Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. - Robert A. Heinlein

    • christina hicks
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
        Here are the first two. I am getting them typed up between chores so bear with me.
        SELF FROSTING FUDGE CAKE
        By Mary Puterbaugh
        Elwood, In
        Makes 8-10 servings
        2 1/2 cups of 18 1/2 oz pkg chocolate fudge pudding cake mix
        2 eggs
        3/4 c water
        3 tbsp oil
        1/3 c pecan halves
        1/4 c chocolate syrup
        1/4 c warm water
        3 tbsp sugar
        1. Combine cake mix, eggs, 3/4 c water, and oil in electric mixer bowl. Beat 2 mins.
        2. Pour into greased and floured bread or cake pan that will fit in your slow cooker.
        3. Sprinkle nuts over mixture.
        4. Blend together chocolate syrup, 1/4 c water, and sugar. Spoon over batter.
        5. Cover. Bake on high 2-3 hours.
        6. Serve warm from slowcooker.
        CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE
        By Lee Ann Hazlett
        Freeport, IL
        Della Yoder
        Kalona, IA
        Makes 10-12 servings
        18 1/2 oz pkg chocolate cake mix
        3.9 oz pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
        2 c (16oz) sour cream
        4 eggs
        1 c water
        3/4 c oil
        1 c semisweet chocolate chips
        whipped cream, or ice cream, optional
        1. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, water, and oil in electric mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed for 2 mins. Stir in chocolate chips.
        2. Pour into greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours, or on high 3-4 hours, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out with moist crumbs.
        3. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

        Christi Hicks

      • christina hicks
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
          I /found a used copy called Fix It and Forget It by the Cresent Company. Is this it?

          Unless it says Feasting with your slow cooker, not likely. There are bunch of these Fix it and Forget it books. The slow cooker one is by Good Books. You might try there web address www.goodbks.com.

          Christi Hicks

          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
            This book is still in print and is copyrighted. I bought the book a few
            years ago from Amazon.com.

            Kay

            In a message dated 12/3/2006 8:44:42 A.M. Central Standard Time,
            keepinghouseisseriousbusiness@... writes:

            Dorothy

            Thanks very much I'll try both ways on searching for
            it. Great group.

            Marie IL
            --- Dorothy Simmons <_dorothycarrol@dorothyca_

            (mailto:slowcooker-subscribe@yahoogroups.com)
            (mailto:slowcooker-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com)
            (http://malincholia.com/slowcookerwinners.htm)
            (mailto:slowcooker-owner@yahoogroups.com)
            > =====
            > Copyright, 2006, Maria Rost Rublee.
            > =====
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Ask your question on www.Answers.Ask your

          • e e
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
              I have seen this book for sale at Walmart and Sams

              KKWeathers@... wrote:
              This book is still in print and is copyrighted. I bought the book a few
              years ago from Amazon.com.

              Kay

              In a message dated 12/3/2006 8:44:42 A.M. Central Standard Time,
              keepinghouseisseriousbusiness@... writes:

              Dorothy

              Recent Activity

              34
              New Members

              Visit Your Group

              Crock-pot
              Healthy cooking
              Healthy cooking oil
              Healthy cooking recipe
              Rival crock-pot

              Yahoo! TV
              "The 9"
              Daily count down
              of top Web finds.

              Sell Online
              Yahoo! e-commerce
              comes with 24 hour
              phone support.

              Y! GeoCities
              Create a Blog
              And tell the world
              what you think.

              .

            • christina hicks
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
                Moderator's note: Just in case anyone was wondering, I'm making an exception for Christi on the usual 5 posts a day limit, since these are things she was specifically asked to post rather than her just sending a bunch of extra posts on her own.

                CHOCOLATE FONDUE
                Eleanor J Ferriera
                North Chelmsford, MA
                Makes 6 Servings
                1 pkg. 8 squares semisweet chocolate
                4 oz pkg swwt cooking chocolate
                3.4 c sweetened condensed milk
                1/4 c sugar
                2 tbsp Kirsch
                fresh cherries with stems
                squares of sponge cake
                1. Break both chocolates into pieces and place in cooker. Set cooker to high and stir chocolate constantly until it melts.
                2. Turn cooker to low and stir in milk and sugar. Stir untll thoroughly blended.
                3. Stir in Kirsch. Cover and cook on low until fondue comes to a very gentle simmer.
                4. Bring fondue to table with cherries and cake cubes to dip.

                Christi Hicks

              • Barbara Allen
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
                  I have bought two separate editions of these books at our local Walmart
                  Superstore. They are not very expensive and are worth the money.

                  Barbara Allen

                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
                    If there's a Book Warehouse store near you, look there. The one I was in last month (at a discount mall in Tennessee) had a display of them.

                    Nancy in Indiana

                  • Dixie Jude
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
                      I love mine I have the fix it and forget it and fix it and forget it light.
                      I want to get the fix it and forget it spiral one the light is spiral and I
                      love it.

                      Love ya,
                      Dixie

                      All of man's most noble attempts to save the world have failed. Like
                      hopeless physcians we scramble to treat symptoms because we cannot cure the
                      cause. Never in our wildest imaginations could we have understood the ways
                      of the great physcian. Who would have prescribed a cross? Who would have
                      belived that man could find peace with God through what seemed to be chaos
                      and destruction. Behold the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world
                      and BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

[...]

                      com/slowcookerwinners.htm
                      To contact the list owner, send a message to slowcooker-owner@yahoogroups
                      com
                      =====
                      Copyright, 2006, Maria Rost Rublee.
                      =====
                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Doug Weller
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 4, 2006
                        Hi christina,

                        Sunday, December 3, 2006, 2:52:12 PM, you wrote:

                        > Here are the first two. I am getting them typed up between chores so bear with me.

                        Thanks. But it does confirm some of the criticisms, some cookbooks only work in the US (and Canada) because of the ingredients they require, eg these cake mixes.

                        Doug

                        --
                        Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
                        Director and Moderator The Hall of Ma'at http://www.thehallofmaat.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 4, 2006
                          I'm really interested in the last two recipes and the chocolate fondue, but
                          if anyone asks for the others, I wouldn't mind the recipes for them. If
                          not, don't bother. (-: Thanks, Connie

                          CHERRY DELIGHT
                          CHOCOLATE FONDUE
                          HOT FUDGE CAKE
                          SELF FROSTING FUDGE CAKE
                          SEVEN LAYER BARS
                          EASY CHOCOLATE CLUSTERS

                          _____

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 4, 2006
                            I have already posted the chocolate fondue and the seven layer bars.
                            I will get the others typed up in the next day or so.

                            --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "Connie Kalina" <cwkalina@...>