Re: [slowcooker] Pork roast ideas

  • LaurieD
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2006
      I use 2 cups water, 2 pkgs brown gravy mix, 1 package Good seasonings Italian dressing (stir) and add a 3-4 pound roast. Cook all day on low. I usually cut the roast into at least 4 pieces, or more.
      LaurieD

      benjaminitch <slnelson@...> wrote:
      My family pleads "Please find a new way to cook pork roast!" Have
      done it plain, with mushroom soup and with BBQ sauce. Any
      suggestions? Thanks in advance. Linda (Delta, BC, Canada)

    • Carol Ann ODonnell
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2006
        Two simple pork roast recipes:

        Place pork loin in pot, cover with sauerkraut, or sauteed onions. Cover with one can of beer and cook away! Delicious and easy.

      • Auntie J
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 4, 2006
          I'm crocking a pork roast now with some (about 1/2 cup) unsweetened
          applesauce, (about an inch around the roast) low-sugar apple juice, and a
          dusting of Oriental Five Spice powder.

          On 10/3/06, Carol Ann ODonnell <carolannod@...> wrote:

          > Two simple pork roast recipes:
          >
          > Place pork loin in pot, cover with sauerkraut, or sauteed onions. Cover
          > with one can of beer and cook away! Delicious and easy.

        • Tara
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 4, 2006
            Try it with Soy Sauce and or Teriyaki sauce. :)

            On 10/2/06, benjaminitch <slnelson@...> wrote:

            > My family pleads "Please find a new way to cook pork roast!" Have
            > done it plain, with mushroom soup and with BBQ sauce. Any
            > suggestions? Thanks in advance. Linda (Delta, BC, Canada)

          • Tamyra
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 4, 2006
              Yes Soy Sauce and/or Teriyaki!
              Also do a Google or Other Search for recipes!
              I saw some I like!

              Tamyra

              On 10/2/06, benjaminitch wrote:

              > My family pleads "Please find a new way to cook pork roast!" Have
              > done it plain, with mushroom soup and with BBQ sauce. Any
              > suggestions? Thanks in advance. Linda (Delta, BC, Canada)

              To view our recipe of the month contest winners, go to http://malincholia.com/slowcookerwinners.htm
              Copyright, 2006, Maria Rost Rublee.
              =====
              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Larry Woodbury
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 4, 2006
                Hi, how about Myron's pork roast with cranberry sauce and onion soup mix,
                should be in the archives, monthly winner, itchin' to try it, just haven't
                had the chance, good luck, Larry

                .

                <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1099124/grpspId=1602744225/msgId
                =31916/stime=1160007711/nc1=3848429/nc2=3848538/nc3=3>

              • Lisa
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 5, 2006
                  I like using the three packages of ranch, italian dressing and gravy. Comes out great. I also like to wrap in tin foil and throw in the grill. I usually marinade first in herb and garlic marinade, then season with whatever spices I have in the cabinet (usually pepper, seasoning salt, onion powder - LOTS, garlic powder and perhaps some chives and cut up an onion for MORE flavor) and toss in some worcestecire (which is one of my favorite seasonings to cook pork or beef with). Wrap up tight in tin foil and throw in the grill for about an hour and a half or until internal temp reaches 180. I usually cook to about 200 "just to be safe." Comes out very tender and flavorful every time. Can also marinade and toss in the crock as well.

                  Last night I also packaged up some carrots and green beans and an onion sliced into 8 pieces and threw that on the grill, too. YUMMY!!!!

                  Tara <ladybethtara@...> wrote:
                  Try it with Soy Sauce and or Teriyaki sauce. :)

                  On 10/2/06, benjaminitch wrote:

                  > My family pleads "Please find a new way to cook pork roast!" Have
                  > done it plain, with mushroom soup and with BBQ sauce. Any
                  > suggestions? Thanks in advance. Linda (Delta, BC, Canada)

                  To view our recipe of the month contest winners, go to http://malincholia.com/slowcookerwinners.htm
                  Copyright, 2006, Maria Rost Rublee.
                  =====
                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Kelly Van Horn
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 5, 2006
                    How about pork & sauerkraut? That's a favorite at our house!

                    Tamyra <tamnmik@...> wrote: Yes Soy Sauce and/or Teriyaki!