[slowcooker] RECIPE: Crock Pot Lemon Chicken

  • Morning Dew
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 1999
      Hi!

      Lurker here.....don't know if this has been put out yet. Found it on
      another list. Haven't tried it, but I do LOVE lemon chicken, even
      though I prefer vegetarian.....sigh.....

      I've tried the Apple Pie recipe....it was great! Today I am trying
      ChiIi Sin Carne.....will post on it tomorrow....

      lynn
      morning dew

      Crock Pot Lemon Chicken

      Recipe By :
      Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
      Categories : Crockpot
      Poultry

      Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation
      Method
      -------- ------------
      --------------------------------
      1 Chicken -- cut up
      1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
      1/2 cup Flour
      1 teaspoon salt
      3 tablespoons Catsup
      6 ounces Frozen lemonade
      2 tablespoons Cornstarch mixed with
      3 tablespoons Brown sugar
      1/4 cup water

      Dredge the chicken in flour mixed with salt.
      Shake off excess and
      brown in a hot skillet. Remove chicken and put
      in the crockpot. Mix
      the
      lemonade, brown sugar, vinegar (use regular
      vinegar if you prefer)
      and
      catsup and pour over the chicken. Cook on high
      for 3-4 hours. When
      ready to serve, remove the chicken to a warm
      platter and thicken the
      sauce
      with the cornstarch/water solution, and serve
      along with the
      chicken.
      Carole Comments: This is easy and tastes almost
      like the Lemon Chicken
      you get in a Chinese Restaurant.
      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/slowcooker