RE: [slowcooker] Re: Sweet & Spicy Kielbasa If I can I would like to nominate this recipe.

  • Suzanne M. Cole
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 4, 2006
      Okay, I tried looking in the dictionary and couldn't find it...

      Could someone please tell me what "perogies" are?

      TIA,
      Suzanne

      _____

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 4, 2006
        http://www.pierogies.com/ go to this website. this is the brand I always buy

        Christi Hicks

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 4, 2006
          They are pasta dumplings, usually filled with mashed potatoes and other goodies. Frozen food section is where I get them! Cant wait to try the recipe!

          --
          Mary In Illinois
          Mom to 5 great kids; Kori 16, Haley

          From: "Suzanne M. Cole" <suzcole@...>
          > Okay, I tried looking in the dictionary and couldn't find it...
          >
          > Could someone please tell me what "perogies" are?
          >
          > TIA,
          > Suzanne
          >
          > _____

        • Debi Kirby
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 4, 2006
            You probably couldn't find them with that spelling. Try 'pierogi'

            They are sort of the Polish/Slavic equivalent of ravioli or stuffed dumplings. They are pasta or sour cream dough squares stuffed with cheese, onion and potato or sauerkraut usually, although there are other "flavors" as well. You can buy them frozen.

            Debi

            "renoginny" <RenoGin@...> wrote:

            > Sweet & Spicy Kielbasa
            >
            > Recipe By :
            > Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
            > Categories : 8 point Crockpot
            > Main Meal Pork

            > 1/2 cup brown sugar -- packed
            > 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
            > 1/2 small onion -- finely chopped
            > 1 pound turkey kielbasa -- cut in 2" chunks
            > 12 perogies
            >
            > Combine brown sugar, mustard, & onion in crockpot, add
            > kielbasa, stirring to coat evenly. Cover and cook on
            > low heat 2-1/2 - 3 hours, stirring occasionally
            >
            > During the last hour of cooking, I add Mrs. T's
            > Pierogies right to the pot. I just baste them and mix
            > them right in. There a 3 pierogies per serving and
            > they add an additional 3 points to each serving,
            > bringing the total for both to 5 points/serving
            >
            > Estimated WW POINTS: 5

          • Myron Menaker
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 4, 2006
              Dear Suzanne,

              Pierogies are Polish empanadas....dough-covered turnovers. Can be filled
              with meat, onions or potatoes or whatever thrills you!

              Myron (who has a Polish
              son-in-law)

              PS Lots of info here: http://tinyurl.com/rkmea

              Suzanne M. Cole wrote:

              >Okay, I tried looking in the dictionary and couldn't find it...
              >
              >Could someone please tell me what "perogies" are?
              >
              >TIA,
              >Suzanne
              >
              > _____

              '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
              Greetings from Daytona Beach, Florida |
              \ /
              ~, .-'-.
              /| -- / \ --
              ~^~`^~^`^~ / |\ ~^~~^~``~~^~~^^~^~^-=======-~^~^~^~~^~~^~^~
              ~^~ ~^~ ^~ /__|_\~^~ ~^~^~^~_~^~^_~-=========- -~^~^~^^~^_~
              ~^~ ~^~^ ~ '======' `~^-~~^~-^~^_~^~~ -=====- ~^~^~-~^~^~^~~^~
              jgs ~^~ ~^ ~^~ ~^~^ ~^~-~^~~^~-~^~~-~^~^~-~^~~^-~^~^~^-~^~^~^~
              Myron Menaker
              myronm@... "World's Most Famous Beach!"
              '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

            • Doug and Linda
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 4, 2006
                You can find Mrs. T's Pierogies in the frozen foods aisle, near the garlic bread and frozen pasta.

                They're fabulous, and so easy to make.

                Linda

                Linda Larsen
                About Busy Cooks
                http://busycooks.about.com

                www.About.com
                About.com is part of the New York Times Company

                Suzanne M. Cole wrote:

                >Okay, I tried looking in the dictionary and couldn't find it...
                >
                >Could someone please tell me what "perogies" are?
                >
                >TIA,
                >Suzanne
                >
                > _____

              • Jean Marie
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 12, 2006
                  Had to check out what all the complements were about with this recipe
                  and WOW this sounds like a BIG WINNER at our home. Will try this ASAP
                  especially because my Beloved enjoys Kielbasa so much.. Thanks so for
                  sharing this recipe...Jean

                  --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "Christi Hicks" <cgl1539@...>